Used 2004 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW X5 SUV

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Nicest SUV at the Trailhead
By John

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased our X5 with approx. 53,000 miles under BMW's Certified Pre-Owned program and bought the service package to 100,000 miles. The X5 has been great. We live in Denver and drive to Vail almost every weekend. Average MPG is 19.2, not bad for 300+ HP, 5,000# car. Run Pirrelli snows in winter and Yokahoma Geolander in summer. The X5 is remarkably capable off road - Hill Descent Control is very impressive. The only funny part is the looks we get from other SUV drivers. Trips to the dealer for unscheduled service have been minimal and not expensive.

Heated steering wheel and seats in winter. Icy A/C in summer. x-Drive year-round. Transmission is brilliant when descending in the mountains.

Better heater warm on feet.

Awesome Vehicle
By Mike

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best driving midsize SUV on the market. Fast and stylish enough for male and female drivers. Handling is second to none in this weight category. I can only imagine the 4.4 or 4.8 really gets down the road if my 3.0 drives this well! This is my second one and I am very happy with the updated features of the 2004. Must get the extra large sun roof and xenon lights.

Driving, dash, stereo, heated seats, large sun roof.

Gas mileage... possibly hybrid. I get about 18 to 19 on the highway, which is much better than my suburban.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
By BMWfinatic

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My second bmw. I absolutely love it. Amazing ride, comfort and I feel so safe driving down the road. It is perfect for wanting a fun, nice car with the suv (or "SAV") versatility. Handles great in all weather. I was a little disappointed with the depreciation, considering my last one really held its value. Will only buy BMW for the rest of my life. no other car company can come close to their customer service, quality, performance. BMW really stands behind their product.

Heated seats, panorama sunroof, pretty much everything.

Better cupholders, but they solved that problem with the 2007 X5.

Fun to drive X5
By Andrew

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Our X5 is the most fun auto I have ever driven. It truly handles like a sports car except with the amazing X-drive. On the slippery wet pavement we have the X-5 is simply something special, when other cars would break loose the X-drive digs in and pulls you through the corners, push this machine to its limits and you will be amazed. When my wife drives it becomes the smooth and docile SAV she loves. This vehicle is an awesome combination of great handling qualities for either the conservative or the demanding driver.

superb handling, headlights, X-drive, brakes

coffee cup holders could be spread apart farther

Ahhhh!
By mrd

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

An excellent vehicle. Limited cargo space if you want to move an apartment, but in normal daily living it is more than adequate. Responsive steering, good pick up, fun - everything you would expect out of a BMW.

16-way comfort seats panoramic moon roof heated seats nav system

The vehicle could be a little longer to allow more rear seat leg room.