Used 2003 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

2003 X5
By Ed Price

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving this car for 3 years, I was very happy with the dependability of the car. No electrical problems and except for service, never needed repairs. Only disappointment is lack of changes in style and interior from year to year.

Engine sound and handling.

Get rid of the stupid key gizmo that opens the rear hatch everytime you bump the switch.

A great used SUV bargain
By PaulGinAZ

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2003 X5 3.0 Sport for my wife last March with 41,000 miles and all options except for cold weather pkg. In the 14000 miles since then we have received excellent service from the dealership and aside from replacing the OEM Michelin tires with Kuhmos and replacing the battery the vehicle has been flawless, safe, quiet, and rattle-free. Insist on service records and if you can buy the extended maintenence package (3 year 50k including all services, oil changes, and brakes) for $1000 like we did you should be in the clear.

Safety, ride comfort and handling that is heads above other premium SUV's in the marketplace.

This model is due to be replaced in the next calendar year and the interior is looking a bit dated.. but the design is 6 plus years old now so that is to be expected. I hope that for the sake of simplicity that they avoid saddling this model with I-Drive.

More Fun than Comfortable
By Peter C

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

While I love driving my 4.6IS there are times that I wish I had bought the 4.4 in hopes that it would be a firm and sporty suspension without riding like a corvette (but it's great to be able to keep up with most sports cars). The 4.6IS is incredible fun, awesome styling, and full of luxury. My only criticism is that it doesn't ride as smooth as my Lexus LS400 I traded in for it (no surprise there). I would buy another one tomorrow...

Interior Luxury (Nav, computer, etc) and the 20" rims

Variable suspension modes (soft, firm, sport, offroad)

2003 Used BMW X5
By johnsc

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. had an Acura. much more upscale. More Power. I miss XM radio. Truck very responsive, quick,stable, safe. Had it almost 3 months no issues.

4.4i

xm radio. Move interior door handles lower to provide more legroom

2 years of Love
By hectorg

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've had ours now of little over 2 years. WE LOVE IT. The look, the drive, the space, the feeling of power and safety It has been amazing in these tough NYC winters and the A/C is amazing in those hot & humid summers. I read complaints about fuel economy. I can't complain, the X5 begs you to drive it fast. As I'm writing this we are expecting our first child. Guess what I'm driving him home in? Need I say more?

The steptronic auto transmission, Full time 4WD, the interior, acceleration for an SUV is great. This

Offer some of the 3,5 series options in the X5.