2018 BMW X4 Review
Which X4 does Edmunds recommend?
The 2018 BMW X4 xDrive28i is already a potent little performer and will satisfy the majority of drivers. Almost all of the features from the range-topping M40i are available as options, so you won't be missing much other than the overabundance of power.
BMW's suite of advanced safety features is among the best in the industry, so for either the xDrive28i or the M40i, we'd recommend adding the Driving Assistance package. Otherwise, we caution against adding much else since options are expensive and quickly send the price into another bracket.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Powerful yet efficient engine choices
- Interior quality well represents the luxury class
- Ride quality is smooth yet handling is sporty
- Limited rear-seat space
- Cargo capacity is much smaller than rivals
- Rearward visibility is compromised
Most helpful consumer reviews
Features & Specs
Our experts like the X4 models:
- BMW Assist eCall
- Automatically calls for help in the event of a collision and also allows passengers to notify roadside assistance with a single button.
- Active Blind Spot Detection
- Warns if there is a vehicle in or approaching your blind spot with visual alerts or vibration through the steering wheel.
- Forward Collision Warning
- Alerts you if the system detects a possible front collision and automatically applies the brakes if you don't react in time.