You might already know that sitting up high and having a commanding view of the road can be a great thing. So if you're looking for a luxury SUV that gives you that sense of security along with a sleek design and strong performance, the uniquely styled 2016 BMW X4 is an interesting alternative.
- Strong performance and good fuel economy from its two available engines
- High-quality cabin looks and feels expensive
- Comfortable ride quality despite its sporty nature
- Responsive handling bettered only by pricier sport-tuned rivals
- High-performance M40i trim level is a rarity for the segment.
- Low rear seat reduces comfort relative to the X3 and most competitors
- Small cargo area for a vehicle in this class
- Rearward visibility is compromised by sloping roofline
- Costs more than a similarly equipped X3 which offers more room inside
- Some controls can be difficult to learn
- Adaptive cruise control doesn't perform as well as those of rivals.