It may not be the newest vehicle in its segment, but if you're shopping for a compact luxury SUV, the 2017 BMW X3 remains a go-to choice. It's capable of meeting both your practical needs and luxury aspirations, while stacking up well to new and more recently redesigned competitors.
- Strong performance and fuel economy from any of its available engines
- High-quality cabin feels luxurious
- Generous passenger and cargo room for the segment
- Responsive handling bettered only by pricier sport-tuned rivals
- Top-notch crash-test scores.
- Costs more than similarly equipped competitors
- The rearview camera is optional
- Adaptive cruise control doesn't perform as well as those of rivals
- Some controls can be difficult to learn.