Some recommendations are easier than others. If you're shopping for a compact luxury SUV, the 2016 BMW X3 should be on your test-drive list. It does everything well and is capable of meeting both your practical needs and luxury aspirations. Read more about this class leader to see why it's a standout in its class.
- Strong performance and fuel economy from any of its three available engines
- High-quality cabin looks and feels expensive
- Generous passenger and cargo room for the segment
- Responsive handling bettered only by pricier sport-tuned rivals
- Top-notch crash-test scores.
- Costs more than similarly equipped competitors
- Some controls can be difficult to learn.