Used 2013 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Love My Ride
By drkcollins

5 Year Update
I still love it and wouldn't select any other car.
My BMW X3 still looks like, and drives like, a new car. No other car handles as well as the BMW. My friends and family all love my car. Family members continue to purchase BMWs. Last year we moved to a new state and the dealership here takes great care of us.
Wouldn't drive anything else.

3 Year Update:
I still love my ride!
Other than a few very minor glitches, that the dealerships remedied, over the past 5 years I have had extremely reliable, excellent performance and would chose this vehicle again. In fact this year my sister bought one!
It still rides and handles beautifully. The dealerships around the country have been very helpful in meeting my needs and addressing issues.

Original Review:
I looked at and drove nearly every car and SUV out there. When I drove the X3 35i I felt 'at home.'

Also drove the 28i but even with the Turbo, didn't have the torque I'm used to. The 35i put a smile on my face!

Performance, comfort, gas mileage, not to mention the sleek classy look.

I have been asked if I am satisfied with the run-flat tires. They are expensive though I couldn't live without them. I actually drove over 1,000 miles cross country o a flat while I was traveling!

What more can you ask for?

Too many trips to dealership!
By gaislandsguy

2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It's a nice vehicle, if I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to dealership to get it fixed, on a regular basis. Yes, there is a closer dealership, but they tried to sell me an "executive car" for $3K off sticker.
When I asked for car fax they baulked. It had been in a rear end accident!
I only found out because I asked for Carfax!
Anyway back to X3.
It's pretty.
And it's nice to drive. Holds road well. Handles great.

I loved that I picked it up at the factory! Great experience! Loved the Performance Delivery at factory. GREAT hideaway hitch!!! Love topdown cameras under outside mirrors. Really like backup turning radius guides. Like the status of driving BMW.

Keyless entry, right now it's waiting to be picked up cause keyless entry isn't working Bluetooth audio streaming stopped working this weekend too. Month ago the air intake on the Turbo popped off while driving. It took the car about 5 min to put up a warning light,I knew it right away cause loud sound it made. Problem was bad clamp, dealership said I could drive it till I got home, even though warning lights came on. 2 wheels been replaced-sealer bubbling off. Bluetooth issues when it comes to having 2 iPhones paired (even though two different keyfobs are used (that was when new). Very touchy accelerator from stop.Battery went dead at 13mths. not locking it was prob-need to press stop twice

Reliability , reliability , reliability .....
By mo78

2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It's shocking that BMW can't make reliable car for the money they charge. This wk will be my fourth visit to the dealership for drivers restraint malfunction . They don't seem to know whats going on with this car . I have seen similar reliability reviews and I just wonder in the engineers at BMW read them !!!!!!! It's also statistically higher than other competitors or Japanese cars.

Fun to drive

Reliability !!!!! Very disappointing ! I think I will switch to Acura or Lexus

2nd review
By wittyj

2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We now have about 12,000 miles on the X3. BEST utility vehicle I have ever owned. Fuel economy is right at 26.5 p tank. Have gotten as high as 32mpg when cautious? And this was obtained with mid grade. To date there are NO maint. Issues at all. Flawless vehicle and American made. Storm grey and oyster interior are cool in summer here in GA. As for the auto shut off....was rough at first but at about four thousand miles the process smoothed out totally. And it does help save fuel.

As mentioned in the previous review the storage just left of the steering wheel fits a mid size 9mm. I like the run flats for the extra security when my wife has the car. We also have a 535i GT with run flats. The only people complaining about run flats are the children that write for the various car mags. For us real people they do a great job of convenience and protection.

Better sun visors, darker tint on the windows......that's about it. And when you order your new X3.....pick it up at the factory. That is a wonderful experience. W are going back for a third time in July of this year. WELL WORTH your time and I guarantee you will learn and love it.

Engine, engine, and engine, but that's all.
By acurafan3

2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Drove BMW 328i for 5 years, now X3 35i.

The engine is just amazing! Great acceleration. 8 speed transmission is so smooth that you can only tell changing gears by the exhaust note.

Praised by many reviewers as "Fun to drive", "drive like a car", maybe true compare to other SUV, but it's not even close comparing to 3-series sedan. The 328i feels like it's glued to the road and have this solid damping of road roughness, but the X3 is wobbly and makes you feel every little bump. but to be fair, that's the case for all SUVs. I guess that's what you have to give up for a more practical suv.

Update:
A few years passed, getting used to the ride now. It's still very solid, no major repairs, some small issues through:

1. AC starts to behaves weirdly, sometime it cant be turned off, need to get that checked;
2. Driver side window started to get this clunky noise when rolled down;
3. Tire sensor failed to warn low pressure tire, ended up replacing the factory tire sooner then needed;

It's a practical car, accelerates fast by SUV standard, but I really miss driving the little 3-series.