Used 2007 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW X3 SUV

3.0si 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (104 reviews )

A Bit Disappointed
By Ken Nersesian

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I guess I expected more from my first BMW. My wife hated the way it drove around town, so now it's mine. The transmission is definitely a design flaw and there should be a recall. On the highway it rides like a dream. It's like riding on a rail and it takes discipline to stay below 100 mph. I had a lifter noise and after several visits to service, they had to replace the cylinder head. That was another nightmare. The dealer and BMW should have made a better effort to compensate for my inconvenience.

Great looking, awesome highway driving.

Recall for the transmission, run on regular gas, easier to understand interior controls.

Happy So Far
By Bimmer Fan

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW (first being M3). Purchased pre-owned. Love almost everything about it. Has just about every possible option and package. Love the 19" wheels. Did have to adjust driving some to accommodate for brake assist and trans system. Once I have done that, it is fine and very enjoyable to drive. Do not have problems others have mentioned. Just took a judicious right foot. Very comfy sport seats and great thick M-sport steering wheel. Now that we have a baby, it is perfect. Not my M3, but a good compromise for the time being.

Build quality. Nevada leather covered sport seats are fantastic. Engine... typical BMW greatness.

Better imaging on stereo w/ 6 disc standard. Bass is nice, but need better tweeter placement. Better gas mileage and slightly bigger cup holders (although better than my M3).

Review Update > Happy Owner
By S.B.

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a BMW and Saab owner for the past 20 years, I have to say that after driving the X3 for the past year and a bit I am still very happy that I have it! I enjoy driving and I travel a lot, I go where it snows and where it's hot year round, I have found that this SAV performs well in most situations and is fun to drive. I have had very few problems and they were all minor ones. The auto transmission that I have operates differently in sport mode providing the burst of torque when you need it but I did not have issues with the transmission as noted by other reviewers. I have also noted that as more miles were driven the fuel economy has gone up close to the stated 26 MPG HWY.

Given that it is a sport activity vehicle it is fun to drive, I also like the premium sound system and would recommend it as an option as well as the xenon active headlights, the active steering option and the upgraded leather seats, I travel a lot and this option was very worth while.

Only improvements would be to create a model with similar performance that takes regular gasoline, I am very satisfied with this auto and would consider another one.

Bugs gone, now its a blast!
By pamela murray

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this vehicle used as I could not afford new. Unfortunately previous owner never serviced vehicle. Had to take into local BMW dealer 4x before we got the throttle response issue cleared. Car hesitated and bucked, was scared to be in traffic when I needed quick acceleration. But the warranty is awesome, treated like a queen at dealership given loaner each time, who still does that? No other automaker I know of. Computer need to be defragged and re-booted so we could start fresh. It worked, my little baby is performing fantastic and I love driving it, it truly is a driving experience like the ads say!

Panoramic moon roof, dashboard layout,enjoying driving my vehicle again, awesome bumper to bumper warranty

Better and bigger cup holders, less bass(y) stereo system

Disappointed
By tlp

2007 BMW X3 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second x3, the 1st a 2004 so I expected a better BMW but what I got was what others are complaining about: poor shifting patterns at speeds under 40 mph. Has been in the shop for software fixes but no improvements and the techs tell me they don't notice the problem. The sport drive is horrible and this is called a "sport utility vehicle". This is not what I expected from BMW.

solid after 40mph