Used 2005 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

BETTER THAN THE REST
By Noah

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Really love my X-3. It is the right size for me. I hate large SUV's and the other SUV's in the size category can be seen everywhere!! I went to the mall one day and came out only to find five Black Infinity FX's in the same row!! Love the look of the X-3. I get alot of stares. The power is perfect and I can still park in all garages. Quality of the craftmenship has been great. Buy something else if you want ugly styling or an SUV that nearly everybody has(i.e the Lexus.) This is my first BMW and I won't be going to any other brand in the future!!!

Driveability, Moonroof, cargo room, performance power, Uniqueness of the design.

Great car to drive
By JB

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I used to drive an Audi A4 and was unsure how the transition to a SUV would be but the X3 has not let me down! It is wonderful, fun, comfortable and handles well. For those of you looking for a truck that drives like a car, this is the one for you!

I love the fold down back seats. They are really easy to move and make transporting items very easy.

The premium package should have more included.

Pretty good - a few faults
By Miami BMW Girl

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great drive and awesome performance! Had some problems with CD player and some interior finishes. Don't lock yourself out - no way to open the doors without a key or being towed to dealership for reprogramming. I had to break my own rear window to get into my car when I locked myself out.

This car drives great! Fantastic performance. I feel super safe on wet roads and poor weather. I love it!

Gas bill is high - efficiency isn't the best and uses only premium gasoline. CD player swallowed a CD and had to be replaced. The finish on the interior front console between the seats started peeling and console had to be replaced. These are all minor aggravations - still love my car!

The little SUV that does it all.
By Dr. Den

2005 BMW X3 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great little all around fun drive. It can haul my wife two large dogs and me and still have room for garden plants. With the fold down back seats and an open sun roof my wife can visit most of the garage sales in our area without having to stop to unload.

Our X3 3.0L has all the pep I need, handles well and is easy to park.

BMW needs to offer seating with nicer leather.

Great SUV!!
By marij17

2005 BMW X3 SUV 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my '04 X3 for about a year and I absolutely love it! Fun car to drive, very reliable, great maintenance program, handles great in snow and rain and nice peppy engine for merging onto highways. It sure beats the VW I sold to get the X3!

Moonroof is awesome! Heated seats are great. I like the small orange light that illuminates dash at night. The express up/down back windows.

Should have cruise control, 6-disc CD stereo and fog lights standard. It needs bigger glove box and more storage for small stuff.