The BMW X1 offers shoppers in the compact luxury crossover category an intriguing blend of performance, comfort and utility. If you're looking for something that cleverly blurs the line between a low-slung sedan and a high-riding SUV, the X1 is worth a test drive.
- Strong performance from its turbocharged engine
- One of the best-handling compact luxury crossovers you're going to find
- Class-leading cargo capacity
- More rear passenger room than most other competitors
- High-level interior fit, finish and materials
- Free maintenance for first four years or 50,000 miles.
- Standard sport suspension can be jarring on rough roads
- Steering feels less precise than some of BMW's sport sedans.