If you are in the market for a luxury SUV in a small package, the 2016 BMW X1 is a good place to start. The BMW isn't the most fuel-efficient in its class, but if athleticism and cargo capacity are important to you, the BMW sets the bar. Which characteristics are most important to you in a compact SUV? Read on to decide.
- Class-leading cargo capacity
- Quickest and most agile among its competitor
- Interior materials are of the highest quality and constructed with detail and care.
- Sporty personality is a disadvantage when trying to reach fuel economy estimates
- Lack of a six-cylinder engine option and lower dynamic capability is a step back from the previous-generation X1.