Whereas its predecessors were dedicated performance sedans, the 2015 BMW M5 is more of a luxury super-sedan. It's still one of the fastest four-doors in the world, but creature comforts take greater priority this time around.
- Powerful yet refined V8 engine
- Impressive handling
- Responsive dual-clutch automated manual transmission
- Excellent seats
- Available manual transmission.
- Less engaging to drive than its forebears
- Feels sleepy in its default performance settings
- Sometimes-harsh ride quality
- Lacks a thrilling V8 sound.