Used 2004 BMW M3 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW M3 Coupe

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (68 reviews )

What a blast
By Mr. CD55

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a few sports cars, and nothing can match the fun factor of my M3. It makes me smile every time I drive it. Great power (esp for a 6), great handling, looks awesome, and my local dealers service dept is the best to boot. I am in the process of ordering a new '06 M3 coupe and will be doing the European delivery. I will never buy anything but German cars from now on.

Good power. Great handling. Awesome looks.

Interior could use some improvements, esp making more things standard.

Best bang for the buck !
By Michael S.

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

For the money,.... its a supercar. Phenomenal brakes, even supercars can only achieve. Solid chassis rigidity. Best stock suspension. Very decent power. One time had a run in with a Ferrari 360 Modena, we were neck to neck and it was a blast. Cannot buy a better all around package for the money. Great cargo room. Good ergonomics. Comfortable ride. Can't say enough.

Brakes. Power. Looks.

More options from manufacturer.

Drool drool drool!!!
By prkpower

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great engine with a strong powerband, never runs out of breath, pulls strongly. I got the 2004 SMG coupe silver gray with black leather and under 4000 miles on it. Fully loaded except for the cold weather pkg. The SMG did take a little getting used to, but boy it is a rush! The M3 will beg you to unleash it, will cajole you with sweet engine humming saying everythings OK, just floor the pedal. And at gas stations, you can look at the admiration in peoples eyes. Truly a cult car, a true jock with enough space for 4 adults and for practical day to day driving and spirited highway runabout.

Engine, SMG, Recaro seats with lumbar support, taut suspension that helps hug the road like nothing can. One of the very few cars that even Corvette drivers salute to.

Foldable rear view mirrors would be nice as also a slightly softer suspension to soak up the everyday potholes.

beastly beamer
By beamer blondie

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a modified '95 M3 and a '98...but this one is definitely the beastly-est of them all...and I look forward to every day when I can get behind the wheel and take it out on the back country roads. Yet, it is refined enough to go to any upscale social venue as well. Am curious to drive the new M3 with the competition package!

sporty look and handling..brushed aluminum trim...engine purrrrr....

better gas mileage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMOKIN!!!!
By cslvmi

2004 BMW M3 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've waited 9 months to write this.
Thats right, I've put over 17K on it
already. Let's just say the heads are
still turning everytime you drive by!
There's never a boring moment in this
car. Performance and Handling inspire
extreme confidence. My wife gives me
a hard time because the only thing
people want to talk about is the "M".
buy it again in a heartbeat. Go to
the M driving school if possible. I
thought I was pushing my car towards
its limits on occasion...Wasnt even
coming close! Only set back is, you
cant drive another car without making
a comparison, and they just dont come
close!!!

333 Stalions working overtime, all the time! Suspension is incredible. Orange interior lights.

Make the passenger side mirror able to adjust to your own setting when car is in reverse. Factory setting is too low for me.