Used 1999 BMW M3 Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used M3 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Everything I expected it to be

Curtis, 04/27/2009
2dr Coupe

Owned for over 6 years and drive over 100K miles (163K total). Have only brought it in 3x for minor issues (a/c control, brake noise and steering lock failure). All other maintenance and repairs were done myself or by a friend. Have upgraded suspension components (shocks/struts, lowered springs, sway bars, bushings) resulting in a firmer but way better handling vehicle. My brother has a stock M3 sedan and they feel like very different cars now. Power is adequate. People want more, but this car was not designed for straightline speed - no BMW ever has been. Can push the car to its limits without much drama. Plan to keep several more years and surpass 200K miles. Fantastic car.

BMW M3

John Elliott, 12/29/2005
2dr Coupe

Overly hyped -- not really that fast -- very nose heavy with lots of body roll. Acceleration is torquey but not blazing at all. This is my second and last BMW. They are very much like Audis -- kind of nice but unrealible and not really all that great a car.

Ultimate Performance Sedan

Greg Zielinski, 07/10/2002
2dr Coupe

In short, great acceleration, unmatched handling and a blast to drive. BMW service is superb. Most people may not know this but EACH person who visits their facilities judges the BMW service centers. Everyone time I’ve gone in for service (Maintenance is paid for the first 3 years/ 36K miles) I’ve had a follow up call from BMW. They ask you about all aspects of the visit and grades you response as follows , “Excellent” = A, “Good” = C, “Fair” = F. I’ve had the car for three years and just plain enjoy every aspect of it. Any downsides? Ownership costs may be considered high to some.

Great Overall

Joe, 08/30/2005
2dr Coupe

I recently bought my M3 and haven't had a chance to spend too much time with it but the time I have spent in it has been quite impressive. The handling is one of the most notable characteristics. It hugs the road with every turn. The engine is great... smooth, quiet, and delivers when you put the foot to the pedal. Low end torque is great.

BMW M3 Still Impresses

Brandon, 11/09/2005
2dr Coupe

I am 24 and was on the hunt for my first car, I really wanted an s4, but couldn't find the right price. I test drove the M3, and fell in love. Bought on the spot. The car has been a champ. Pulls off the line like a bat out of hell. The gearbox is smooth and crisp. Brakes are not bad. Sound system is ok, but could be better. Oil changes need to be performed frequently. The car is a lot of fun to drive. You find people want to race you all the time, S4 especially! In the winter get snow tires or store it.