Used 2000 BMW M Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW M

View reviews for a specific M model:

A Fun Little Hatchback
By Bimma Boy

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I bought this car to replace my 1994 M3, I don't regret buying this car at all. I love it, the amount of torque an power and the handling capability make this car oh so fun. Going from 60-90mph takes only a couple seconds without a down shift. Going through the twisties proves to be even more fun, going twice the speed limit through the turns makes this car an ultimate driving machine. Only a few thousand of these were sent to the US so you're not passing one every day and there's not gonna be one next to you at a light. The steering is precise and quick and the car goes wherever you point it. Not a hint of body roll an the car feels like its never gonna lose traction. This is one hell of a car!!!

The handling ability, torque sets in early making for easy highway passes. Being able to outperform most cars an still carry a weekends worth of luggage, feeling like the car will never ever lose traction on the turns, seats that hold you in while manuevering like a fighter jet an are comfy, HANDLING

Windows don't go all the way down making it odd to put your arm out the window, Seats can become somewhat uncomfy after a few hours of driving, hatch wouldn't open around 90k miles an had to be repaired TWICE!

Most fun you can have in public
By H2oskier

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

Very fun car to drive, especially if you can find some curves. Northwest Arkansas is very nice to "test" the curves. We 1st had a 1997 1.8 Z3 and the power difference is amazing. Power is addicting... never too much. No mechanical issues. Since car has been lowered with H&R springss, it is very hard on tires. Khumo's ride and perform the best overall. and are afforable $ 115. Very safe cars, I was T boned by a truck at 45mpg and it only knocked the wind out of me. Door held up very well and prevented truck from sitting in my lap. If you can find a well maintained M buy it.

Classic looks, love the power and easy to add more to. Simple classic interior Comfortable seats. Very direct steering

Adjustable camber in suspension

BMW M-Roadster
By Billy Brush

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

This is a very stylish car which begs to be driven. My first test drive I was amazed by the front end power which the Roadster gave. From that point on I was sold. Great car, reliable, and fast! Fun to drive.

Fast, stylish, not too expensive

A backseat would be nice

BMW M Coupe- The Unknown Monster
By Thomas

2000 BMW M 2dr Coupe

I sell BMW's and when I saw this car I had to have it. This is a lot of performance for the money. The great thing about this car is that it is an everyday driver and a track car built into one. It has a lot of creature comforts as well as more than enough performance. Oddly enough I am 6'6" and I still fit into this car. BMW's are great for tall people like myself. These are pretty rare cars, if you get the chance to buy one at a fair price I would jump on it. I will say though that people either think that this is the coolest car that they have ever seen or they think that it looks like a tyco toy version of the batmobile.

The amount of torque that this car has as well as the handling. The car almost anticipates corners. Everyone that you ever meet that has one, you are instant friends with. This car draws a lot of attention at gaspumps. Probably one of the few cars for under $50k that gets constant looks.

Add a 6th gear and you would make me a very happy man!! I am not a fan of the gauges. They look kind of dated. I am only 23 so that does not appeal to me so much. I understand what they are going for. It did not bother me enough to go out and find replacements though.

107,000 miles and still going
By Chris

2000 BMW M 2dr Convertible

I bought this car three weeks ago. In that time I have put over 3000 miles on the car. I think the car could use a little more power but 240 HP is not bad at all. I wish I could tilt the seats themselves, not the back rest. When you are driving you seem to block the clock. I drive this car very hard and I still get above 20 MPG! With most cars I have felt the need to speed to have fun but you will have fun with this car going the speed limit. I can reach everything very easily and I can hit the ASC botton when my hand is on the stick. Build quality, are you kidding me, its a bmw, it dosen't get any better than that. I have 107000 miles on my M roadster. It was a CPO.

The rear seemed a little loose at high speed corners so get a butt-strut to fix that and the car is good to go.