The exclusivity of the full-size 2017 BMW Alpina B7 sedan might be its most prominent calling card, but Alpina's extensive performance upgrades, discreet exterior enhancements and fine interior details give the B7 special appeal within the segment. Based off the new 7 Series model introduced for 2016, the B7 promises to deliver more of everything: more comfort thanks to an even more advanced suspension and more thrills from a thunderously powerful 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine churning out 600 horsepower — 155 hp more than the next most powerful 7 Series.
Unlike previous versions of the B7 that came in both regular and long-wheelbase models and were available with all- or rear-wheel drive, the 2017 model is currently available with one wheelbase length, just like the new 7 Series, and comes standard with BMW's xDrive all-wheel-drive system standard.
- Much higher level of performance than standard 7 Series models
- Low volume assures a certain level of exclusivity
- Generously amount of standard features
- Standard all-wheel drive makes it a suitable daily driver year-round
- Only one configuration available
- Exclusivity may limit options available to buyers
- Rear seats do not fold down; pass-through only