MSRP Starting at
$84,900

Save as much as $20,184
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Former Panamera Owner Finds 840i Superior....

Don F., 09/17/2020
840i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I had previously had base Porsche Panameras, starting with 2010 model year.. Really enjoyed them, but when my lease was recently up on my 2017 version I looked at alternatives, and finally settled on 840i. I like the look of the 840i and was initially impressed..It drives and handles well, and it is a bit quicker than my base Panamera, and it has enough space to satisfy, although not as much passenger volume as the Panamera. I find the fit and finish more than on par with Porsche, and interior details are superior. The entertainment and electronics are far superior to the Porsche' controls. The styling is deceptively lean and athletic.. and I could not believe that the 840i is actually about 4 inches longer than my past Panameras, The trunk space is limited in height because of its hard lid, but the depth of the trunk actually swallows up my luggage than my Panamera ever did... a pleasant surprise... The other bonus with BMW is that basic services are covered for the first few years... Meanwhile, Porsche charges for everything... I will probably save at least 4k in service costs over the length of my 3 year lease.. BMW lease deals are also easier to live with than Porsche... I am really pleased with this car.

The perfect coupe

Omar, 10/29/2020
840i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The V6 turbo is the way to go for daily driving. If you really want power I’d skip the V8 AWD for the M8. Rear wheel is the way to go with this car—unless you’re in a climate that requires all wheels—I don’t know why anyone would go with the M850i xDrive model besides speed I guess.

2020 BMW 840i Gran Coupe

Andy R., 02/05/2021
840i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I drove a loaded 2020 840I GC for about 2500 miles. The car had 20 inch wheels and summer tires. What I liked best was the engine and automatic transmission, but would not recommend the car because: 1) Ride comfort was awful and there was no noticeable difference between Sport and Comfort. It was like the car had no suspension at all. On rough road surfaces it was torture. Two BMW dealers said it was as designed. 2) The advanced steering assist behaved occasionally as a drunk driver. Sudden steering inputs when not called for. When it lost "sight" of lane markers there was an annoying "beep" that could not be turned off. 3) The surround view was mickey mouse and did not shift automatically from forward to rear view. A total nuisance to select manually when maneuvering in or out of a tights spot. The surround view does not automatically adjust for different light levels either and the display has room for improvement. Also, the warning sound when close to an obstacle was distracting and could not be turned off. 4) Seats were very uncomfortable and the car was not a pleasure to drive on road trips. As equipped, the MSRP came close to $100,000 but the car was definitely not worth it. All show and no go.