Used 2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Interior Design Needs Major Improvement
By bmwenthusiast

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've leased a 7 series for over the past 12 years. Ranging from the '03 to '07, to now '09 model. The drive is excellent as it always has been throughout the years. It is fast, comfortable, sleek and a pleasure to drive. However, the interior design has been a huge disappointment. The little space that was already in the earlier 7's is gone. The only item you can place at the dash now is a pen let alone the only place my phone can sit is the cup holder. For a business man, this inconvenience makes day-to-day travel to meetings a hassle. So much to the effect where I have even considered that when my lease ends switching to another make who has planned the interior with more practicality.

Excellent improvement on the navigation and overall software changes in the system.

As mentioned earlier, interior design completely lacks any sense of practicality.

"Without a doubt the best car yet"
By BROGERS

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased my second 750Li after owning a BMW '07 Li. My first ride was unbelievable. Fast, comfortable, easy to handle, idrive more friendly, head up option and nav system 100% better, so quiet you have to check the tach to know it running, and 0-60 time is really true. This beast is a sports car feel in a limo body. Nothing compares with it. Mercedes can't hold a candle to the 750Li. I've owned both.

Handling and idrive with so much speed and comfort.

Standard seat massage for the passenger side. That's my wife speaking.

09 750LI not a dependable car
By Bimmerman

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a brand new 09 750LI with all the possible options about three weeks ago. Since then I've been visiting the dealership twice a week. First after a day I had a leaking power steering hose. Then the hood hinge got loose and my hood in one corner was sticking up by about an inch then some air vent pipe got loose and was rattling like a broken muffler now the biggest problem that just came up after about 1500 miles is the TRANSMISSION!!! I have a loud transmission sound like you have in a 10 year old Dodge minivan with 100k miles on it. This is my 4th BMW and its the only one with those type of problems. My advice is Watch OUT!!!

Transmission problems need to be improved. Plus looks like there was no extensive testing done on the car.

Putting my new 750i through its paces
By knowbody

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I stepped up from a 2006 530i and must say the new 750i has noticeably more power and acceleration. It is extremely quiet at all speeds (I sometimes have to look at the tachometer to make sure the engine is running). I haven't put it completely through its paces yet, but accelerating onto the highway is no effort. I guess with 0-60 in 5.2 seconds I shouldn't be surprised. I love the electronics and find the iDrive much easier to use than my 530i. This vehicle is rock solid and top quality.

The iDrive system is great and this car accelerates so effortlessly with its dual turbo chargers and 450 ft/lbs of torque.

None.

The Full Package
By RJ Salm

2009 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had the car for 2 weeks but this is the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. This car is ridiculously quick, far faster than a luxury sedan has the right to be. It must be conservatively rated at 5.1 seconds to 60 as it certainly feels much faster. That's saying something as I'm coming out of a tuned 2006 Carrera S. It's a large car that apparently doesn't realize its own size, with the 4 wheel steering and adaptive steering it turns on a dime. The optional sound system is excellent (although a 6 disc player is a waste of space in the dash when you already have a 12 gig hard drive and iPod adapter). Brakes feel grabby when in sport mode, likely the tranny dropping into 1st.

Twin turbo power delivery has incredible flat torque curve, pins you into the seat for what feels like forever. Ventilated seats . The ride is whatever you want it to be. Understated presence. Quiet ride. Premium sound system rocks. New iDrive is super easy to use, completely intuitive.

Needs 20" rims for proportionate look, should be standard. More storage up front (lose the 6 CD player or make it a stand alone option) Dinan needs to release a chip for this car... an easy tune for another 100 hp.