Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Super fast and smooth saloon
By Szutao L

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Got this car used for a fraction of msrp. My strongest impression is the low rpm punch and the acceleration. Engine and transmission is super smooth, lots of features are standard, interior is classy. Lots of room, very comfortable for long rides, especially passengers. Seat adjustment was unbelievable. Exterior look was an improvement with facelift, going back to classic bmw look. Why won't you buy a cpo executive car, it is a bargain.

Bluetooth, power, seats, wheels, suspension, parktronic, remote key access, rain sensor, iPod adaptor, gps, iDrive, sports steering wheel, premium speakers.

Some wind noise above 70mph. Front could look sleeker. MPG.

Really the ultimate driving machine
By Faraz

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used. As soon as I test drove a BMW 7 series, I realized no other car could match the sensation. The criticism about the iDrive is not true. It is very intuitive and learning reflects the learner's intelligence. Programmable Cruise control, massaging seats, luxurious spacious interior and very comfortable rear programmable seats are unparalleled for an under 100K car. Once you have learned the features and are familiar with the response of the car it is exhilarating to drive this machine. It is a head turner on the road this car will make you drive the scenic road - it handles the road so well and it is so much fun to drive this car.

Handling, road hugging quiet ride- perfect setup for a speeding ticket;) iDrive, comfort access, wide rear tires, responsive steering, seats and interior room - you feel great your family is not cramped up while you are the only one enjoying the car Logic 7 surround sound DVD changer, voice control.

Navigation systems could be friendlier, Could use an iPod interface - even if you have DVD and CD changer

Best car to drive
By joker2008

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW car after Lexus. I feel that I have fallen love with this car since I own it :-) It accelerates so fast to leave other car far behind after I leave traffic light. Bluetooth displays name and address book. Extra space for back seats really makes my family happy. It is not only very fast but also very smooth on high way. The body shape also looks more attractive comparing other luxury cars. It is more fun to drive comparing Japanese. The front and back sensors are quite useful to avoid collide to other vehicles in parking lot. But it does have some electric problems: cigarette charger stopped working, 6-CDs player stopped working but fixed by dealer with warranty

Bluetooth, acceleration, space and fun to drive, mp3/dvd, sun shield, keyless, shape, front/back sensor, speed limit warning, GPS, 5 year free maintenance contracts/warranty.

To connect iPod. Need to improve its reliability for its electric components.

Programming
By Grace Phillips

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I find this car very hard to program. I received very little help from the dealership. The owners manual stated the dealership would help with programming the vehicle to your specifications. This has not happened. This takes away all the fun of driving the car. I wish someone could put me in touch with a service center that can help me.

I have none at this point. I may never purchase another BMW. In the past I have always driven Cadillac's. Right now, they are better.

Make the car quiet when the windows and doors are closed. The wind noise is just awful.

Could Be Great - Comes up Short
By Michael

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted a large luxury car and chose the 7 Series BMW. Loved the ride, handling and overall performance. The suspension recall was my initiation of what was to come. Next, they replaced the cam shaft (no charge), tire monitors were replaced, but the worst and ongoing problem is the driver's door refuses to close. Imagine paying 85K for a car and you have to rope the door shut so you can drive it to the dealership, lol. Lastly, my experience in the car wash when the flood was delivered to the front passenger seat floor. I thought I left the window open, but no, there was a flaw at the base of the windshield. I won't be buying another BMW product if they can't get this car right.

The luxury features, handling, acceleration, steering input and responsiveness. Really is the most maneuverable large vehicle I have ever driven.

They really have to get the details right. It is insulting to have such a nice car be so unreliable. At this level, the manufacturer has not provided the ownership experience expected (and I am not that demanding) of a "high-end" luxury automobile. BMW comes up short in my experience