Used 2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Wease944

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car. The Sport package makes for a stiff ride so watch out for pot holes if you get this option.The engine has more than enough power, (the 2006 has 40 more horsepower). The "I" drive took a little getting used to but its ok now. The car is solid, quiet and fun to drive. I just wish they had an option to install XM Radio instead of Sirius. I highly recommend this car.

Seats, Sports Package. Comfort package

XM Radio, More "I" drive short cuts.

Beauty and the Beast
By Steve

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve owned 9 BMWs. We presently own 3 (2004 325xi, 2003 X5 4.4, and a 2003 745Li). I really agonized about giving up my last 740iL so I didn’t get one of those awful first year 745s. Well, after 2 years and 17,000 miles in the 745Li, I have to say it is the absolute best car I have ever driven but the absolute worst pile of electronic crap I’ve ever had to deal with. I’m an engineer so I understand iDrive but this 745 has become a one-user car because iDrive is unnecessarily complicated and no one else in the family will drive it. Reliability has been perfect but this new style reminds me of driving a well engineered brick, not an art form like previous cars.

Tone down the Bangle tail and make iDrive something that doesn't scare the wife so much she won't drive the car.

Great exterior looks but bad interior
By Chris

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

They destroyed the interior and I regret my wife ever got this car. She doesn't drive it much but I do 80% of the time. I told her I have never seen a car take which was so great from an interior point of view before in the 2002 and under 7 series that felt you were in a cockpit of an airplane and totally destroy it. We plan on selling it this summer and going over to the S500 mercedes. Real sad because we a have had BMWs for 15 years.

I love the exterior look of this vehicle. Can't say enough about how it looks.

Go back to the pre 2002 interior look and then you would have a heck of a vehicle.

going back to mercedes
By Kristopher ogonowsky

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car handles and performs great but it stops there. The electronic are a nightmare, phone only work 50% of time, front seat should be in line with tne center pillar and the front door should be bigger. The steering wheel moves too slow. I really regret buying this car, especially coming out of an S class

speed and handling

if it even looks like snow this car can not go anywhere. I had to buy a dodge hemi pickup to go to work. For the money the dodge is a much better deal.

King of the road
By Fred Miller

2005 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

The 760Li is a fabulous performance luxury sedan in every way. The power, handling and comfort exceeds any vehicle have ever driven. I have driven many. The fuel efficiency is extraordinary on the highway and poor in the city. The only problem that I have had in approximately 1 year of driving are some quirky electronics issues. The dealer did a good job of taking care of these issues with a minimum of inconvenience. I highly recommend this V12 for someone looking for something above and beyond.

Comfort, power on demand, handling, quality feel.

Simplify the electronics. Fuel efficiency in city needs improvement.