Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

WOW
By MyFirstBmw

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not usually the type to go online and post reviews but this BMW has compelled me to do so. This is my 1st BMW and I am blown away! It's the most intelligent car that I've every experienced. This car has brought the "fun" back to driving. Driving to me used to be a chore. Now I look forward to getting behind the wheel. I bought a preowned 2004 745i and it has all bells and whistles (19" rims - sports package, satellite radio, heated/ventilated seats, soft close doors, adaptive cruise control, etc.). I am now a BMW lover. I initially planned on purchasing a Mercedes Benz S500 but I'm so glad I went with this. No problems thus far.

I'm a techie so I love the iDrive. My 745i also has a lot of "get up and go". I love the "curb appeal" this car has. A perfect stranger walked up to me at a gas station and told me that this car really makes a statement. That's BMW for you!

I like how you can open all windows and sunroof via the remote. I wish you could close them via the remote, instead of having to put in key in door and turn. Small enhancement though.

Performance and Luxury
By dejoyf

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, powerful and comfortable. The performance is outstanding with great power, braking, and safety features. The luxury features are fun and convenient, especially if you have to commute to work every day. It's nice to be able to make calls, flip through satellite radio, or relax in quiet.

Power, luxury (iDrive, sat radio, phone), appearance.

Folding side mirrors for parking.

Ride is Tops
By newportjim11

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this certified used car with 22K miles. Never disappoints. I put 25K miles per year and this car makes it worth it. I get home without being beaten up.

Handling. Ride. Seat comfort.

The nav system.

Nice Ride, but....
By NormDePlume

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car - my 2nd Bimmer. That I can't get CD track titles to display has been driving me nuts for three years. I see the new 7 series has fixed this, and some other iDrive related short comings. Too bad they can't make those changes on the one I already own.

Ride, audio, comfort! and fuel economy (relative to comparables).

Blue tech diesel wagon version? Better fuel economy. Better visibility to the rear. (Can't parallel park in the city without the Park Assist.) Another inch of ground clearance on the front bumper to spare it in suburban parking lots.

A Rock with 4 doors
By joneboyy

2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I think this is a close as it gets! This is my 4th 7 since 1985, they keep getting better. My last 745i 02 was crap and couldn't wait to get rid of it. This V-12 flies and get great mileage for such a huge G-force power plant. This 7 never breaks & the dealer gives me a free 7 loaner when I go for regular maintenance. The iDrive is the best part and I feel like I'm on the couch when driving. I can't wait for the new 2009 models and style with power plant improvements. I have the 100K extended warranty and only pay tires. I get looks all the time with black on black with black tinted windows. Thanks BMW.

The iDrive, active cruise control, heat/a-c, great seats, cooler in back, The v- 12 sucks me into the seat when I have it on sport mode transmission. Low profile 7 series tire hug the road.

Give me more trunk room and twin turbo V-12 in 2009. That's it.