Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Great car, but maintenance is a big headache
By King S.

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Comfortable and steady smooth ride. Oil leak even after service & fixes. Parking light comes on & off.

Love my 745Li
By Fallon

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my favorite car, it is extremely comfortable and gorgeous. It is costly to maintain, thankfully my husband knows a good deal about BMW.

Just sold the car
By psecondo

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

My car 2003 760 IL was a fantastic car. I said "was" because after the first few years it became eminently unreliable and extremely expensive to fix. But I loved the car and, admittedly, I kept it for too long. Finally I just sold it after it developed a fuel problem (problems to start the car and to idle) that the BMW dealership deemed "unfixable".....the car had only 64,000 miles!
I had a 760il of the previous generation that developed valve problems at 80,000 miles.
I had a lot of problems with big Mercedes as well. I think I will skip German for a while.

Fantastic V12

Make the car simpler and more reliable

7th Wonder?
By shinjitsu

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car overall is fantastic.
It’s an almost do everything type of vehicle if you’re looking for something to be a commuter by day and sports car by night.
Do your homework (service records) before buying one and make sure able to afford the maintenance required for this car.
It’s not a Toyota.
If you can at the time of purchase buy and extended or aftermarket warranty.
The parts for this car are a little pricey but when it’s all said and done, it’s hard to find anything else out there that drives and handles like it.

The logic 7 surround sound, Sport Mode, The handling (sports package) and the sound of the V8 at high Rpms. Adaptive rear brake lights. The stopping power! Interior and leg room, leather quality.

Parts availability, better interior door plastics, durable front and rear windshield molding as they seem to deteriorate, break and fall apart while washing the car.

Dream come true
By jdcraw

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I had always thought my dream car would be a Cadillac or a Mercedes, but when this car came into my life, it was a "dream come true". It had ultimate luxury and ultimate power. I have no plans to ever replace this car only to loving care for it and maintain it until death do us part. This is my 1st and last BMW!

speed, power, luxury feeling

enable dvd while driving in the front