Used 2000 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

740i Sport
By beemerb

2000 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent vehicle to own! I wouldn't have it any other way, and I'm probably hooked on BMW for life! I plan on keeping my 740i sport for a long time, while I add new vehicles to my arsenal. I have had some problems with it however, the radiator did crack and cost me 1500 to get a new one. This was the only downfall it had, and I missed my car the whole time it was getting fixed. I hate the cupholders, but in every relationship there is one quality we don't like about out spouse, but loving those faults is what makes love in a relationship.

Performance, no question.

I hate the cupholders, put in some new ones, that actually function.

VERY Expensive to Maintain
By Frank

2000 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Without question, this is the greatest car I have ever driven. Unfortunately, it is also the most expensive car on the planet to drive. Since the car went out of warranty in Oct 2005, I've had to put nearly $20k into the car. Something seems to fail every six months, and as someone else noted the cost of a typical repair is anywhere from $700 to $4,500. I've had many different mechanics work on the car, and all say the same thing: Best car to drive, worst car in terms of maintenance. Expect to put $5,000 into the car each year for repairs/maintenance. You mat get 300k miles out of the engine, but it'll cost ya $300k to do it! That said, the BEST ride on the road, hands down!

Ride, handling, acceleration, long distance driving comfort.

For the price, this car really should be more maintenance-free.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Alex

2000 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I've now owned this car for a little over a year and a half. Being that I needed a highway cruiser, this car was an excellent choice. Before buying these cars, find out if some of the common problems on your model have been addressed. Namely, the radiator and fan need to be replaced at around 60k-70k miles. The waterpump and thermostat need to be replaced at that time as well and as others have mentioned, the front suspension parts don't last too long. Don't forget though, this car weighs over 4,000 lbs! Driving this car will wear down the front suspension quickly. Expect to replace it every 50k miles or so. Also, the cupholder is flimsy, therefore I bought a wedge-type holder and it's great.

The engine, excellent transmission, quick response on the gas pedal, auxilary ventilation, comfortable and quite. This car is so quiet on the highway, it's scary!

I wish BMW would have created a double sun-visor one that allows the driver to cover both in front of him and on the side. Also, a quality cupholder would've been a plus and a better navigation system would be nice as well.

My ultimate driving machine
By Stan

2000 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car about a year ago and have really enjoyed every mile. I did have to replace the alternator, but other than that have had no major problems. The previous owner had problems mostly minor around 100,000. Everything is lovely now and now I just enjoy the ride.

Performance, ride, backseat room, eye catching, sunshades, leather, heated steering wheel and seats, trunkroom .

750iL - Simply the Best
By Chuck Weeks

2000 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

Just bought a used 750iL BMW in pristine shape, although it already had 77,000 miles, the owner loved this car to death. The power of the V12, 5.4 liter engine is staggering. I own a 2003 Jaguar Vanden Plas, and it doesn't even compare to the 750iL, which has more playtoys, better feel, better acceleration with the steptronic. Going 80 mph in the BMW seems like you are barely moving, and I think it really gets 25 miles to the gallon on the freeway, not 20 as advertised, not to mention you can go 500 miles on one tank of gas on the highway, thanks to the 25 gallon tank. Hands down, I love my 750il BMW, and it is simply the best.

V12 Engine, gadgets, leather seats are best in market, 6 disc CD (amazing sound system), navigation system, heated seats, one touch windows, ice cold air conditioning

Better mileage off highway, but so what. If you can afford the car, you can afford the mileage.