Used 1998 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

WHAT A CAR !!!!
By jamezey

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This car is an amazing performer. It outshines many of the newer BMW'S . Mine has 204000 miles on it . Ive replaced the water pump , changed the oil , and thats about it !! WHO CARES ABOUT THE CUP HOLDER!
LOL.
I love my 7. just about the funest car ive ever driven. Big , luxurious, sexy body lines,responsive v-8. I get an average 22-23 on the highway, 21 all day in the city.
nothing comes close to the beuty of this car. It is silver with grey leather. Smoked lenses complete this beuty. I wouldnt trade her . Shes a keeper . I'll probably drive her till'
the wheels fall off.
:) Scoop one of these up
. . .if you can find a decent one .

HAS IT ALL

NO IMPROVEMENTS NECESSARY

Amazing reliable first car
By e2ek1eles212

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Yes, i purchased a 1998 for my first car and it wasnt a mistake. ive had dreams of buying one for my first car since i was 14 and i finally found one. it had 117,000 miles when i bought it and i havent had any serious problems. Everyone told me it was a bad idea to get a car like this because it was so impractical. They said it was bad on gas and parts would be so expensive but so far ive had to replace a water pump and a few other repairs of that sort and i could comfortable affford them on my minimum wage salary. The gas isnt bad in this car at all. Its actually quite good for a 2+ ton v8. I love this car and i hope it will last for a very very long time.

ASC

Yes, it is the ultimate driving machine!
By gelly70

1998 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

I know; I haven’t had this awesome car for long (since June 2010). However, I drove it from Chicago, IL to Norfolk, VA in a super comfortable 14 hrs (939 mi) ride. I got 24 mpg. Very quiet & smooth ride, comfortable driving position, very nice sound system, impressive braking, powerful engine; bottom line: One GREAT vehicle for what I paid for! I just have brace for the shock, when I take it to BMW dealership to get an additional key and new brake lining (pads) replacement. I am the second owner of this very well care for, Protection Package 750IL baby. Now I understand why its called “The Ultimate Driving Machine”

Styling, handling, powerful V-12, quality of craftsmanship, Seat, mirror and steering wheel memory, automatic rear window shade and sound system etc. I could continue but Edmunds gives me only 300 characters!

Dashboard pixels burn out, front cup holder brakes easily and are in a bad location, CD skips with any small bump on the road, only 13 mpg in city traffic, expensive to service.

1998 740IL
By AS

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Love this car. This is my first BMW and I must say I am so pleased. Big car, Big V8, and Big smiles. I have owned a 08 Lexus ES350 and I would choose the 1998 BMW over it any day. Repair cost are no more then Lexus repair and the drive on the BMW is superior.

Power Style

Plastic seat trim

Best car I've ever owned.
By Larry

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Reliable, fun, handles well, looks good, for 2nd, 3rd owner don't lose much. Best and most reliable car I've ever owned.