Used 2006 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

Incredible value
By adp

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I got my 650i convertible with most options in mid-June and it was delivered flawless and has been flawless in the first 2000 miles. The iDrive is easy to use, although boot-up sometimes takes a while. A few minutes with the manuals is worth the time. The 650 is very well balanced and after break-in seems to get better mileage and has better response. I have owned more expensive cars that do not come close to this one dynamically or stylistically . It is not the fastest car, but it is fast enough for me. Lots of compliments on the design. When compared to cars costing over $20000 more the 650 comes out on top, IMO.

Well balanced, excellent power response, especially in Sport mode, styling, driving position is excpetionally good, although top-up visibility to the rear quarters requires full attention. The head-up display is a surprisingly helpful invention and is a must option. Sound system is excellent.

More memory for iDrive to speed its operation. Electrically folding ext. rear view mirrors and electrically asisted soft-close feature for doors would be nice.

BMW 650i is the one to get
By fitmaster

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is just an extreme pleasure to drive, the handling, acceleration and features far exceeds the my other luxury coupe test drives. The complaints on the iDrive are understood, but I use the voice control to access just about anything on the menu, without touching the iDrive. I live in the Miami area where there are many, many lux coupes out there, but the BMW always turn heads. Absolutely, no regrets buying this car.

Best feature is the handling and the planted feeling on the road. Also like the Bluetooth, voice commands and the exhaust note.

The cupholders needs to be re-engineered and additional 12v outlets should be installed.

so sweet...
By LEA

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The car is exceptionally beautiful, with clean sophisticated lines. The top is a wonder and absolutely effortless. The car drives like a dream, it never seems to run out of power. It is responsive and surprisingly nimble considering it's size. I will never regret buying this car.

The top is a dream.

The iDrive takes getting used to but seems to work better with time.

WOW!
By ROW10

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just took European delivery of my 650i convertible in Munich, Germany. I loved every minute that I spent in the car. I am already in withdrawal waiting for the car to arrive in Atlanta! Even though I was babying the engine for the 1200 mile break-in period, I was still amazed at the power and performance even though the rpms didn't exceed 4500. I was even able to go 150 mph on the autobahn and not go past 4500 rpms. In a word: WOW!

Overall feel and performance, the heads up display, active cruise control, active steering and voice commands.

To Live For
By Henry

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just knew on the day that I test-drove both the coupe and the convertible that I was going to get my own coupe. The look says: That's right, I am mean. You insert the key and you hear that aggressive rumble in the back. You press on the throttle a couple of times and you realized that you've been smiling like an idiot. Depress the traction control and activate the Sport button and the car takes off likes hell on wheels. Find a loop and keep pushing against the curb -never touch the brakes- and you'll feel like you are ready for NASCAR. All the while, people will try to catch up with you so they can give you the "thumbs up". The car makes you want to drive while making you look better.