Used 2005 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

BMW 645ci coupe
By Dennis Tam

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome comes to mind. Great road handling, great pick-up speed, great sound system and a car that receives a lot of "double takes".

Value of iPod
By Mary Lou McCammack

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Driving this BMW is a great experience each time I start the engine, except for the iPod screen warning that comes up everytime. I treat it like an annoying child, and try not to pay attention to it. Finally, though I have to acknowledge it to work the radio, ect. Oh well, small price to pay I guess, for a great car. I was surprised the visibility in the convertible with the top up was excellent. This is really a 2 person car, with room for 2 small children.

Great features are the handling, and response. Really wonderful. The seats for highly adjustible. The sound system is very good. The convertible top is a snap to operate. Plenty room in the trunk.

Rework the computer to be more user friendly while driving.

Wonderful car but too many problems!
By A & M

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

We loved everything about our 2005 645I convertible. Talk about a car that catchs everyone's eye and is a blast to drive! But....we had so many problems with ours we regretfully ended up giving it back under the lemon law. It was in the BMW service dept 32 days between July 6 and Oct 1, 2006 - not counting weekends! We were told it had 19 computers by 15 manufacturers and the glitchs weren't worked out yet. We expected more from an $80,000 car but agree we'd buy another one if we were promised it wouldn't have so many problems!

I love how snappy and powerful it is plus the ride is unbelievably smooth!!!

Definitely needed a bigger back seat and 2nd cup holder.

BMW 911
By dasjr64

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My first BMW is my 99-528 that I drive daily and can't say enough about so I was destined for another. I was between a 645 and 745. I chose the 645 and have not been disappointed. I do miss the ability to take the 3rd or 4th passenger on occasion, however the ride, handling and looks far outweigh that. I also own a 911 and am considering getting rid of that to upgrade the 528 to a 745. The 645 gives me eveything I was getting from the 911. The only problem I have had is the navigation has been occasionally acting up, saying "can't read disc" I'm scheduled to take it in next week so hope it's an easy correction.

Removable sunroof More wheel options

Buy ONE
By Lee

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Don't drive this car unless you're prepared to purchase one. I went to the dealer to test drive a 7 series. I thought I would just compare it against the 6, so I test drove one and purchased it right afterwards. This car is above and beyond any thing I have ever owned. I like it. I purchased the sport model and the back seat isn't a problem. If you want a big back seat buy a 7 series. I love all of it.

The body style is second to none and the way it drives will blow your mind. Don't drive it unless you want to buy it because you will love it.