Used 2016 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Best BMW model I've owned so far!
By Randy

2016 BMW 5 Series 535d xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Previously I've owned a 2015 BMW 328d. Loved driving it. Traded it in on a 2016 535d, which is a more luxurious driving and roomier interior version of the 328d. Also the same reliable, powerful, and yet fuel efficient diesel engine. Truly my favorite model to own yet.

Love my BMW 528i
By Lily

2016 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My BMW is a pleasure to drive. I feel so secure and confident in my car. When I drive other cars in my house, I don't feel that safety and security I feel in my BMW. It is a solid car and preforms incredibly. I couldn't go back to any other sedan.

Mr. almost got killed by BMW faulty traction contr
By Van the vong

2016 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought this vehicle not long ago. I drove it on a rainy day with an average speed of 50mph. I hit the traction control to maximize traction control, but the vehicle started to act weird. First, It locked up my control wheel. then it started to roll left. I was driving alone so i assumed that there was more weight on the left and thats why it rolled left. The vehicle was designed to not let you place any control input to fix the left roll. I hit curve so hard that it almost took my life. I will never trust BMW traction control system again. If you own this vehicle and you live in a area where it rains a lot, I suggest you sell your BMW right a way. Its not worth it to risk your life for some beautiful interior designs.

I love this vehicle!
By Jackson

2016 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2015 Cadillac CTS 2.0T (which I loved) was totaled in a car accident so naturally I went back to the dealership where I bought it. It was New Year's Eve and the sales person just blew me off because he had a party in San Diego so I walked next door to the BMW dealership. They had a team of professionals who took me by the hand, gave me a test drive and gave me the best deal I could have imagined. I am completely blown away with the workmanship of this car and luxurious feel of it which leaves the CTS in the dust. It has classic styling which I know will still look rich after 10 years if I own it that long. I was considering the Cadillac CTS, Audi A6, MBZ E class and couldn't be happier with my decision. This is a solid vehicle I am so happy and proud to own.

If you choose the 528i...
By Michael

2016 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Over the 535 or 550, then you know you're choosing the more economical version. There are reviews on here that complain about the lack of power with this engine, which tells me some people didn't do their homework before choosing this car. I specifically chose the 528i Special Edition because I WANTED BETTER MILEAGE, and I loved the package which included no chrome, 19" rims, and many of the tech features but not all, for a very good price. I drive a Corvette as well, so that's where I get my driving thrills. The 528i is a beautiful car to drive, and to look at. The Limited Editions are unique, and I highly suggest you check one out before deciding which 5 Series to get. If you want bragging rights with the 535 or 550, more power to you. This car is very quick, the twin turbos provide great low RPM torque that reminds me of the low end power I enjoy with my Corvette V8!