Used 2014 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Great vehicle but definitely not cheap
By Dave

2014 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Hard to justify the cost but nice to drive

Great performance with great fuel economy
By James T Allison

2014 BMW 5 Series 535d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I love this car. Smooth quiet diesel has tons of torque to get the car moving when you need it and it so smooth it accelerates without drama or noise. I was not particularly interested in a diesel, but when I felt the performance to be had with 38mpg I was sold. My first BMW and I purchased warranties to guard against expensive repairs, but the car has been excellent in all regards. Very handsome, and comfortable. Heads up display is great and the bluetooth integration is very well done with BMW iDrive.

Nice value for a used car
By Don

2014 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

60% off from a new car that's only 3-4 years old. Good value. Nice acceleration and braking. Sport setting steering is not as crisp as a 2011 3-series. Navigation is hard to use, so I just use my phone. Seat heaters work quickly so great when it's cold out. Nice comfortable interior. Nice exterior looks.

Better than I expected
By Norm

2014 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought the car 3 years old with 33,000 miles on it. Great fuel economy and handling. This is the most quiet car I have ever owned and I am comparing to Mercedes, Lexus and other BMW's.
Now have 40,000 miles on car; still in great shape and running well.

2014 BMW soft riding and less performance oriented
By Arnold

2014 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had 3 BMW 528is and the 2014 is my 4th. The ride quality is soft, even in the sport mode and the car feels big and floaty. This was not noticeable as much on the short test drive at the dealer. I purchase a CPO version with the additional warranty. The acceleration is better than my 2008, but the ride quality is the main problem. Far less road feel than the old version and driver feels insulated from the road. Feels like my old Buick from days gone by. I thought about changing the springs to a more sporty feel but changed my mind after several installers expressed no experience in switching out OEM springs to after market springs. I will just have to get used to the numb road feel. BMW has lost it's way on the soul of the 528i in my opinion.