Used 2008 BMW 5 Series 528i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Sweet car
By Manny

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Interesting to see all of the problems with the twins 535i. On BMW number 3, first 528i after two 3 series a '99 and a '06. Traded up from the '06 325i with 16" run flats, and could not stand the ride anymore, although it cornered like it was on rails. Chose the 528i because I did not want run flats tires on the next bimmer. Car runs great and has only needed one oil change thus far. Drove a 1200 miles round trip averaging 30 mpg at 80 mph. If not sure, stick with the aspirated inline 6s they are bullet prove. Ask any service center mechanic and they will tell you that the 5s are the most trouble free BMWs in the line up. Good solid car.

BMWs inline 6s have always provided sublime power and torque that no V6 can ever match.

Would LOVE to experience the Diesel on this platform. 30% improved fuel economy vs. gasoline engines is big!!!!!

The BEST Car I Have Owned
By rsulliuvan

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sports and premium pkgs. This car is amazing. Handling is superb, wet or dry. Dunlop run flats hold the road as if you were on rails. The most comfortable seats you have ever placed your tail on. Design is flawless, in and out. Fantastic on long trips, 33 mpg., and a great way to commute. Why I waited so long to purchase THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE is beyond me. Of the dozen or so autos I have owned, this is by far the best. 100% class.

Sport package (I do not wish to drive my sofa), I Drive, style, bluetooth, ventilation system, window shades, SEATS. 33 MPG. Angel eyes, Generous trunk space (3 golf bags with ease).

May sound picky but cup holders are cheep. Easily overlooked.

Great auto
By Professor

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW in the past 15 years and by far the best. The smooth engine/transmission cannot be beat. Local mpg is about 25 and highway is always 31-32 mpg at speed limit plus. The seats are comfortable even after 15 hour interstate runs. It has operated perfectly in all ways with the only trips to the dealer for oil and regular service. I did not originally like the body design but the driving balance and smooth functioning of the car have won me over. i-drive works easily if you spend 10 minutes to learn it rather than fearing and griping about it.

smooth engine, seating comfort, fuel mileage, driving balance, xenons

standard folding back seat, put usable cup holder in the console

Great Car
By Snuggles

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome family car that mixes in fun. Every time I drive it, I feel special, even after a year and a half. The 528i has plenty of power. The 535i + have more than plenty of power. Corners delightfully. Rides well over bad pavement. The vinyl looks like real leather.

Steering, ride, strong and predictable brakes, smooth engine, great stock seats, outside looks, prestige. The controls are sublime.

Make ventilated seats standard, or at least offer them without leather. Offer cloth and diesel engines like they do in Europe. Leather and vinyl are hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and make the driver sweat.

2008 BMW 528i
By drao

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car as a commuting vehicle. It is a joy to drive on a day to day basis, very quiet to exterior sounds, quick, refined and luxurious. Previously I was driving a 2007 Mercedes C230 in which I had some recurring issues -- not so with the 528i -- absolutely awesome car!! This was the perfect choice for me and my (small) family. We do some trips once in a while and this car is perfect for our needs. If I had a couple more kids then I'd have opted for a minivan or SUV for sure with the additional space.

Comfort Seats, Auto folding exterior Mirrors, Sports driving mode

Standard fold down rear seats.