Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

2007 BMW 525xi
By Louis Lerebours

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is unique and I cannot describe how you feel when you drive it. You must own one and drive it on a regular basis to understand.

Design, video screen with iDrive

Make the interior roomier

Our first BMW is now totaled
By ttroglio

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly our first BMW only went 20K before being involved in a driver's front end collision last week. Damage was so severe the car was totaled. It did its job however as the front, door and side curtain air bags all deployed and kept the wife protected with no major issues. BMW Assist was calling the car within seconds of the accident as well as calling the police. Overall it was a well built car and we had no major problems with it. The brake issue I mentioned in my previous posting never returned. We are now looking at an 08 528i or 535i with the turbo. The 07 held its value fairly well. In the 18 months we owned the car the value dropped 28%

See my previous review of car.

None to speak of.

Great Car
By Mr Poohbear

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned. The car is very comfortable. Good space. Runs very smooth. Quick acceleration. Good quality materials. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's worth it in the long run. I actually like the iDrive. I haven't had any problems getting it to work. This car is hot!

Heated front and back seats. Bluetooth. Triclimate control. Comfort access. Idrive. Nice leather seats. Good room in the back. Xenon headlights.

Bring down the price about $5,000 and it will be better. You get what you pay for though.

My first BMW
By SC Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW that I've owned. My most recent cars were Jaguar and Infinity. Overall, I am pleased with my choice. The styling and handling are excellent.

Love those $800 headlights, lol. Also, I love the envious stares I get from the younger guys at the stop lights. The heated seats are wonderful (bottom and backrest).

The iDrive is fairly easy to learn, but it is too much overkill just to change the climate from AC to heat. Whatever happened to knobs? Sometimes the sound system does not come on in my car when it has been parked. They only way to get it back on is to restart the engine. Interior storage is a joke.

What took me so long
By Pacific NW Driver

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first BMW (530i w/Sport Package and navigation) one month ago to get style plus sporty performance. Had driven Nissan Maximas for prior 12+ years. This car has delivered as I'm inventing reasons to take the long way home. Went on a 300+ mile trip and it was extremely comfortable. Interior build quality, mechanical and electronic performance is very solid. The sport package with 18" low profile tires is a must as it really sets off the look and you get added handling.

Black Sapphire Metallic paint; steptronic transmission with sport and manual mode; 18" tires and wheels; great handling; comfortable seats; front and rear park distance control; voice activated phone and navigation; Logic 7 sound system. And the feeling you are in a safe and well-engineered car.

As a typical American, the cup holders are okay, not great (I know, I know, on the Autobahn doing 160 mph you don't reach for coffee). I would like more conventional storage between the seats as the jockey box is small and a bit clumsy.