Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Still Thrills
By pjl275

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When you drive this BMW, you know that a great deal of effort went into every facet of the automobile. The way each sound the reaches your ears and the car reacts to bumps and especially the way it drives down the road. I've had this car for about 18 months and 16,000 miles. Each mile is a pleasure, and every drive is too short. X-drive is great in snow and rain, i-drive is still revealing new functions but works well for me, but the standard radio is just ok. Standard seats are comfortable for hours on end. Highway driving is smooth and quiet, very easy to cruise at high speeds. I've leased this car and really do not want to ever give it back. Just do it, you only live once.

Nav, sat radio, swivel headlights, handling, great sounds from the engine, workmanship, rock solid reliability, not one problem with car. MPG averages 18-19 city, 25-27 hwy.

More power, but that would sacrifice MPG, better standard radio,

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By dinan530i

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned. I used to drive Hondas and Toyotas but owning a 5 series really opened my eyes to the reasons that make so many people want to keep buying these even with a hefty price tag.

Though just about every single magazine hates the iDrive, I am very happy with it. There are a lot of things that can still be improved but I think it is very user friendly. If you know how to write your name, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

I think they should increase the amount of the basic features, rather than having to end up paying 10-15 thousand more for options that most come standard with other manufacturers.

Outstanding!
By dallencat

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding vehicle. Fun to drive and great fuel mileage. Only gripes are the cup holder and ability to see front and back of the car in tight areas. Kudos BMW!

Xenon headlights; Sirius radio.

Better cup holders!

2007 BMW 525xi
By Louis Lerebours

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is unique and I cannot describe how you feel when you drive it. You must own one and drive it on a regular basis to understand.

Design, video screen with iDrive

Make the interior roomier

Our first BMW is now totaled
By ttroglio

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly our first BMW only went 20K before being involved in a driver's front end collision last week. Damage was so severe the car was totaled. It did its job however as the front, door and side curtain air bags all deployed and kept the wife protected with no major issues. BMW Assist was calling the car within seconds of the accident as well as calling the police. Overall it was a well built car and we had no major problems with it. The brake issue I mentioned in my previous posting never returned. We are now looking at an 08 528i or 535i with the turbo. The 07 held its value fairly well. In the 18 months we owned the car the value dropped 28%

See my previous review of car.

None to speak of.