Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Sublime
By Tim

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Great car bought it from a friend who upgraded to the M5 with the SmG. Has all options except heads up display. She now misses her 550i and I love it. Acceleration is smooth but stupidly fast. Can do 120 and not even break a sweat. Fuel economy is around 17 for city, but 27 for highway doing 80. Impressive. Love the interior, 20 way comfort are great. Idrive is useful I think older people just get confused with new technology (I'm 24). Can be finicky at times however. The styling works for the car depending on the color. Mines black with tan interior so it looks understated and all business. Keep making excuses to go drive somewhere. Car is so much fun.

Instant V8 power, seats, harman kardon sound with 13 speakers, surprising large trunk, quietness.

fuel economy could be better (improved for 2011 models), cup holders are retarded, get rid of the run flat tires (replaced them with Michelens). Climate control in the Idrive is a pain to use sometimes.

Great car if you're mentally prepared
By Paul

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I got this as a CPO in June 2010 and waited until now to write a review so I can report any potential problems. Well, this is a great car if you're mentally prepared for BMW(error messages can appear at any time, rattles could come and go, etc). I was prepared for all this before I bought this fully loaded 550i CPO(sport, premium sound, navi, cold weather, convenience, etc ). Coming from a Lexus, my intro to BMW was driving the car with a completely dead battery from the dealer lot. After being stranded, changing the battery, receiving the money spent on battery and cab ride from the dealer, the car has been trouble free and I smile every second I drive it.

Premium seats, composure, braking, premium sound,amazing V8 performance and growling sound,amber night light interior scheme, perceived heft and quality of everything within reach inside except for cup holders.

Cup holders are a joke(they fixed it in the 2011 version), cooled seats (also present in the 2011 version) and MPG - I get 16 in city and 22 on highway - I was prepared for this when I got the car and see it as the price to pay for driving one of the top 10 engines in the world(sweeeet V8)

Drive It, You'll Understand
By Hoosier BMW

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the BMW one month. Have remainder of factory warranty and service. That is good. Had 03 525i. It was good,but this one is much better. Smoother, quicker, better build quality, higher quality interior. I -Drive is a bit of a pain but you get used to it. Dash is more modern. Cup holders better than 03.Handling is more effortless. Conti tires are fine.Driving on highway is a joy. MPG is 25 mixed.XI good for snow days. Radio is just ok. No satellite in this one.. a bummer. Roomier than in 03. Styling is ok. Monaco Blue/camel is a nice combo. Bought used with 34k..but feels good. All in all love the car, just drive one, you'll want one.

smooth, handling, highway driving, xenon, universal remote, blue tooth, heated seats, all wheel drive. Brakes are fantastic, seats are comfortable.

Better paint finish. Some chipping, like all BMW's brake dust. Wheels get dirty, some pitting finish just ok. Radio just ok, no satellite in mine. Not wired. Extended warranty expensive. A bit worried on maintenance. We'll see. But love the drive.

Beware! 2007 BMW 530i
By Chas6263

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2007 530i is an overrated, bloated car. I owned a 540i for many years and loved it. A genuine 'ultimate driving machine'. I made a terrible mistake to trade it in for a 530i. Don't be fooled by the namesake 'BMW' - the 530i can hardly get out of its way - 255 HP is a joke in this heavy tank. I'm convinced a VW Rabbit can beat this hyped vehicle. Most owners won't admit they own this piece of crap (too embarrassed to admit since most - I included - paid a fortune for an overrated car). Anyone out there want a 2007 530i?

Great Car after 3 Years
By GD

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW 530i (I also purchased a 2004) bought brand new each time. I really appreciated the 50K/4 year warranty for everything. Not that I really ever had any major issues with my cars. I'm writing this because after 3 years, I still love my car and plan on keeping this one. I'm about to purchase another new one, a 2011 535i as well. If you like to drive, you can't beat the BMW. I have two teenagers and the chance of driving my 2007 530i is exciting for them.

Aesthetics, comfort, acceleration and looks cool.

Cup holders are not much to brag about.