Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Great Car
By rsochaj

2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car special order from Germany with a 6 speed manual.
The car has been exactly what I've been expecting, sporty, spacious and with all the luxury you expect with a BMW.
The car has been exceptionally reliable with 60k miles without any mechanical or electrical issues.
I only wish NA would have the choice for a M5 6 spd Wagon.
I am quite sad to see the wagon discontinued when the GT model came to Canada.
The car is a perfect family mover.

Handling and the seats with the sports package are the most worthy option I've chosen. It comes withe the sports seats, M steering wheel, upgrades rims, trim kit/skirt, fog lights. The other main reason for the purchase was that this car was the only high end wagon/large car that had a option for a manual transmission.

With the addition of the sport package a roof rack cannot be used. This is typically not a problem since it is a wagon with plenty of space. The pass through allows for skiis but will eliminate the option of a 5 passenger.

Time to Say So Long
By hoosierbmw

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an update to my earlier review. While I love my 525xi and how it drives... it is time to go. I had to replace a headlight BULB..xenon at $200 installed, then a backup bulb.. had to take entire light assembly out...$41 dollars. All my other cars don't ding me for small fixes.. can't afford to keep up payments + repairs.

How it drives. Comfortable seats. High quality interior

Reliability. I love the car. But I had to go back to Honda. Even a indy mechanic wasn't cheap enough to make economic sense.

An economical BMW?
By Anonymous

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought a base '07 525i with 19k miles through the BMW CPO program in May 2008. We liked the looks, practicality, and BMW performance at a reasonable price. The scheduled maintenance program and warranty were icing on the cake. Over the last two and a half years, we have found that the combination of reliability, low maintenance costs, and amazingly good fuel mileage (consistently 20 city, 33 highway MPG) has made this a very economical car. It's a typical German cruiser on the interstate(autobahn) -- fast, smooth, and tracks beautifully. As a result of our experience, we have designated this car our secret "economy car" in luxury car clothes. I will consider BMW CPO again.

Driving precision and feel. Practicality (four doors). Low operating costs. CPO program features. BMW looks and panache.

A fold down rear seat should be standard equipment. This feature would greatly enhance the cargo flexibility of this car.

Realistic Review
By Autoluver

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought it cpo with 21,000 miles on it about a year ago I have the awesome extended warranty which was one of the final selling points for me. I have had a few small issues and BMW has fixed them on the spot no questions asked. The best thing about this car is driving it if you want a sports car but want four doors and some room this is your car . Handling is exceptional. It is so much fun to drive plus 32 mpg highway. The quality on the interior is good. I am 6,1 and a decent size guy I still have a little room left over. Cup holders awful everyone says it but hey it's really the only thing bad I can say about it. I like the idrive. Radio is not bad. Buy one with the warranty you will luv it!

idrive, handling, adaptive xenon headlights.

Cup holder fixed in 2011.. oh and whoever thought of putting the radio input jack in the backseat area. HELLO! And now its hidden in the arm rest! Really? c'mon! you don't need to hide it is just a little hole.

I lover my BMW
By nelson Martinez

2007 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first German car and the moment I test drove this car i felt how the handling was so tight. On a open highway I feel free as a bird. Cold weather pkg makes this care a breeze to use on those cold days. Heated seats, steering wheel dual zones meant no fighting between me and my wife who is always cold no matter what type of weather it is in New York. I purchased this car as an early retirement gift but I keep getting in it despite own 2 other vehicles for commuter cars. All I can say over all this BMW is off the hook and a attention getter on the road or parked.

iDrive system 7 speaker prologic stereo system interior lighting

gas mileage is respectable but can be better