Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Great Car
By Mr Poohbear

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned. The car is very comfortable. Good space. Runs very smooth. Quick acceleration. Good quality materials. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's worth it in the long run. I actually like the iDrive. I haven't had any problems getting it to work. This car is hot!

Heated front and back seats. Bluetooth. Triclimate control. Comfort access. Idrive. Nice leather seats. Good room in the back. Xenon headlights.

Bring down the price about $5,000 and it will be better. You get what you pay for though.

My first BMW
By SC Guy

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW that I've owned. My most recent cars were Jaguar and Infinity. Overall, I am pleased with my choice. The styling and handling are excellent.

Love those $800 headlights, lol. Also, I love the envious stares I get from the younger guys at the stop lights. The heated seats are wonderful (bottom and backrest).

The iDrive is fairly easy to learn, but it is too much overkill just to change the climate from AC to heat. Whatever happened to knobs? Sometimes the sound system does not come on in my car when it has been parked. They only way to get it back on is to restart the engine. Interior storage is a joke.

What took me so long
By Pacific NW Driver

2007 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first BMW (530i w/Sport Package and navigation) one month ago to get style plus sporty performance. Had driven Nissan Maximas for prior 12+ years. This car has delivered as I'm inventing reasons to take the long way home. Went on a 300+ mile trip and it was extremely comfortable. Interior build quality, mechanical and electronic performance is very solid. The sport package with 18" low profile tires is a must as it really sets off the look and you get added handling.

Black Sapphire Metallic paint; steptronic transmission with sport and manual mode; 18" tires and wheels; great handling; comfortable seats; front and rear park distance control; voice activated phone and navigation; Logic 7 sound system. And the feeling you are in a safe and well-engineered car.

As a typical American, the cup holders are okay, not great (I know, I know, on the Autobahn doing 160 mph you don't reach for coffee). I would like more conventional storage between the seats as the jockey box is small and a bit clumsy.

Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio

2007 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.

Leather interior. Sleek looks. Good visibility out all windows. I especially like the 6 speed steptronic and use it all the time. Wife opts for normal automatic tranny mode.

Run flat tires are expensive and BMW recommends not repairing them. Got a nail in tire after 8K miles and they said tire had to be replaced to the tune of $400. Found local Goodyear store that did the repair. Brake issue needs to be addressed.

Outstanding ride
By frank Muschetto

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Probably the finest car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, great engineering and outstanding performance. Highly recommend to anyone.