Used 2006 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

550i
By BRokicki

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a CPO 06 550i 6 months ago with 46K miles. This car is amazing, it already has over 53K on it and there isn't one rattle, this car really has held up over the years. I drove a new 535i and could hardly tell the difference, so I decided to save $30K and buy it used. This car is such a joy to drive, it begs to be tossed around. Every seat is comfortable, and there is tons of cargo room. The only thing that bothers me is that I only average 9 mpg in the city driving normally, but much better than expected on the highway, about 25. You really need to watch the pot holes, I had to replace 2 tires at $500 a piece, don't get the sport package if you live in an area with bad roads!

brown leather, power, transmission, handeling, parking sensors, i-drive, heated steering wheel, auto wipers

xdrive available with the V8, better city mpg, rear fog light would be good to have in bad weather. This car is pretty close to perfect!

Cracks in 18-inch wheels/run-flat tires
By ron2hoff

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BWM refuses to acknowledge that their rims are defective and crack as a result of normal driving, especially their 18 inch rims when coupled with run-flat tires. We don't take speed bumps at 40 mph, run over curbs, or not slow for a potholes... events that might possibly crack a rim or break a tire. Yet BMW’s excuse for not replacing 2 cracked rims was that the cracks must have been caused by the driver, not faulty rims/run-flat tire combination. In the past several years we have owned 3 BMWs... but this will be our last because of such a head-in-the-sand approach taken by BMW NA.

Admit to the obvious problem of a faulty combination of 18-inch alloy rims with very hard run-flat tires and issue a recall instead of rejecting request for warranty claims by dealers on behalf of owners.

Best of the best
By GeorgeW

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. Powerful, confident, amazing handling and comfortable. This car is just fun to drive in all conditions. The all wheel drive handles in all conditions. Car looks great, the leather seating is comfortable and the stereo sounds terrific. Acceleration is impressive also.

tires wear out too quickly

The best car ever
By stan

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Mileage couldn't be better. This is the first BMW I have owned and I love it. Very fun to drive.

power, idrive, great leather, everything

center console could be bigger

Amazing
By EricJohn

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow... I had wanted a BMW for years, and finally pulled the trigger on a 525i CPO. I didn't see the need for the 530, as I believe the 215 HP on the 525 was enough. Amazing handling, feel, and I love the iDrive. I understand the griping, but all it takes is a few minutes of studying, and I love it.

Handling, Rear Wheel Drive, suspension. Sport mode is fantastic, as well as the manual mode. I love it.

Radio speakers stink...and I mean stink. Thicker steering wheel as well would be nice.