Used 2004 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 343 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

BMW 530i from RLA
By RLA

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car makes me feel good to drive. I love it! For about the first year, we had some software problems -- nothing that affected performance, but created a nuisance (e.g., couldn't sense CDs in CD changer, difficulty recognizing voice commands). BMW found the problem and upgraded software. Since then, it's problem free. Inside styling is chic, but it's a bit cramped. Little storage room.

Navigation system

Anything I wished for has already been added: all wheel drive; interface with iPod; enhanced performance.

BMW '04 530 I comments
By silber

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car we have ever driven; performance, economy, style

Navigation

Better cupholder arrangement; less brake dust without sacrificing performance

Looks can be decieving
By Melina

2004 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car in Germany and couldn't wait to get it back to the states. The same week it arrived I had to turn it into the dealership because, the monitor said I was out of oil. They fixed that problem. A couple of months past and one night the car went crazy. Windshield wipers wouldn't turn off, headlights, radio, interior lights were all flashing. BMW claimed to fix the problem. 2 weeks later I was at the dealership again for another "software" issue. My vehicle had been in the shop 7 times and was less than a year old. I was really disappointed with the way BMW Corporate handled the situation. I could have purchased a Neon and had less problems. I won't be purchasing another BMW.

Appearance is the only thing going for this vehicle. Being that me and the dealership seem to have joint custody of the car, when it's not with them it drives/rides fine. As soon as my two weeks are up it's back to daddy dealership for more "software" work.

Fix the so called "software" issue. Maybe, BMW should work out all the bugs before placing their products on the market.

530i
By Jeanne

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been one of the most pleasureable cars to drive and own. I have not needed to pay for anything other then a new tire that was needed after blowing out on I95 and riding on the rim. I was amazed at the control that I still had when the tire blew. I have continued to enjoy this vehicle, and the only improvement I would make, is to have a fence around it in parking lots. Apparently others do not think that the car should be treated well. Of course they didn't pay for it.

All the safety information that is at your finger tips. Also am able to make everything automated.

Be able to put a low octane in fuel in her.

My 04 530i
By Joe G

2004 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I very much enjoy driving this car. It is fun to drive and very reliable. I had some computer problems early on, but they were repaired and have had no problems since. I have also had many compliments about the styling and appearance of the car. I will get another one when this lease is finished next year.

Most controls are on the steering column, which make them convenient. Navigation system is also quite good and accurate. Trunk is large and roomy.

IDrive could be made a little more user friendly.