Used 2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Jeff

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the car used with about 30K miles on it. I have been driving it for about a year and absolutely love it. I drove some used Audis and Mercedes and they just didn't have the sporty/luxury feel I was looking for in a car. The engine is quick to respond when you step on it, and there is just enough room in the car for my 6'7'' frame, with enough to fit my average sized friends in the back. I test drove the 525i and there wasn't enough power. Loved the 540i, but didn't want the gas mileage problem. Couldn't ask for a better car, love it and I never see myself going away from BMWs.

Can't complain about it!

Cup holders, stronger stock stereo system (wish I got the prem. audio upgrade), larger glovebox, rear geated seats, hazard light button not in the middle console area.

Love this car!
By gkatlanta

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned three previous BMWs including an E39 Wagon but nothing has come close to the performance and handling of this car. Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. Wonderful to drive on a long winding road. Not a single problem since I've had this car. I still love driving this car every day.

Accleration, handling, steering, sports suspension. The interior is very well thought out... everything is exactly where it should be without the driver having to stop and think about it or utilize iDrive.

More front leg room but I'm not complaining, really. Better dealer service is needed. I don't even take my BMW to the dealer anymore. Could care less about the cupholders. I'm more interested in driving than drinking in this car!

Amazing!
By MarkJump

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Amazing performance, synergy with driver, quality, features, completeness of design. The very definition of excitement, excellence, and elegance. A whole level beyond most anything else. Supercar capability combines with everyday utility. Why did I wait so long to go Bimmer?

Superb quality of overall driving experience. In-depth quality, both in design and in execution, that shines through more the longer you have it. So many little things are exactly right- -very satisfying.

Rear seat room, trunk room (understand both are better in current model). Cupholders, of course. Little else.

Awesome
By Duff

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car cannot compare to any other vehicle in the same class. The car handles the same at 40 as it does at 120. It has the power to handle almost any situation and handles just as well in foul weather with the exception of snow! If you have considered something other than a BMW, think again! Everyday is a new driving experience with a BMW. Be careful, once you stepped up to a different class driving machine, you will never take a step backwards.

The power delivery becasue people know its a BMW

Improve the asbestos dust from the front wheel brakes. It not only looks bad, its hell to clean!

It works for me
By Don G.

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Lower front bumper takes all the punishment due to sport suspension. One cannot be careful enough when parking in a space where the car is driven into a stall. Due to the sport suspension, any curbing higher then four (4) inches will catch on the bumper and potentially cause damage. My damage to date has resulted in an $85.00 repair bill. Other then that, the car meets all my expectations and is a pleasure to drive.