Used 2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Fun to Drive Expensive to Own
By Dick Bange

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sport Wagon (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Love to drive this vehicle bought new. However, have spent over $12,000 repairing everything from A/C, water pump, CD player, starter and thermostat several times. Won't buy another one.

Over all happy with my BMW
By me and my bimmer

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

When I first bought my beamer and sat inside it, immediately I was consumed by the quality and durability of the design. As I drove it for the first time around my town, the way it handled was very impressive. Tight steering and the way it handles bumpy roads was extremely well. Engine performance is there when you need it with smoothness and power.This is the first German vehicle I have owned and I would have to grade it with and A+.

My favorites about my BMW. Smooth ride, air climate control, engine power and the interior design.

The cup holders.

Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine
By RodneyD

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 530i for only 5 months and it is truly the ultimate driving machine. This is my 3rd BMW. Previously owned a 3 and wife drives an x3. This car makes me look for the long way home. I especially look for the curvy roads. The styling is classic. The handling is outstanding. The car is just fun to drive. If you are looking for a vehicle that is a blast to drive then do yourself a favor and buy a BMW!

Acceleration. Handling. Classic styling!

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned Hands Down
By Jmonk

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my BMW used, however it still performs/drives/handles/ better than ANY other car I have ever driven new or used. My 6 y/o BMW even drives better than the brand new police interceptor I drive for work. Owning a BMW will mean more $ for general maintenance but an independant BMW shop can lessen the cost of ownership. Driving a BMW truely is "the ultimate driving experience". Once you drive one, you'll know. With regards to fuel economy, these vehicles run on premium fuel. This cost will usually compute to no more than an extra $4 a tank, but you WILL get outstanding performance and good fuel economy. Yesterday I got 30 MPG highway on an out-of-town trip. My vehicle is a 525i sport.

Truly a luxury sports sedan with good fuel economy. What a combination! People complain about the lack of cup holders but one must remember these are still true sports cars.

Give it wings so it can fly? It's hard to suggest improvements on a vehicle that is already very well designed.

Excellent
By Exper. Car Consumer

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have owned for almost two years - should have bought a new one years ago when I had the chance. Excellent reliability, mileage, fun, sport driving, beautiful race car wagon. Feels like it is carved out of one solid piece of metal, I have never owned a car so solid before and I have owned most all high end luxury cars.

Feels like it is glued to the road. It still turns heads as it looks like new and drives like it is brand new. It is a perfect combo. of a practical car with a sport car look and feel. It is the one car I have never become tired of owning/driving. Excellent mpg.

Cup holders and that is it.