Used 2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Over all happy with my BMW
By me and my bimmer

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

When I first bought my beamer and sat inside it, immediately I was consumed by the quality and durability of the design. As I drove it for the first time around my town, the way it handled was very impressive. Tight steering and the way it handles bumpy roads was extremely well. Engine performance is there when you need it with smoothness and power.This is the first German vehicle I have owned and I would have to grade it with and A+.

My favorites about my BMW. Smooth ride, air climate control, engine power and the interior design.

The cup holders.

Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine
By RodneyD

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 530i for only 5 months and it is truly the ultimate driving machine. This is my 3rd BMW. Previously owned a 3 and wife drives an x3. This car makes me look for the long way home. I especially look for the curvy roads. The styling is classic. The handling is outstanding. The car is just fun to drive. If you are looking for a vehicle that is a blast to drive then do yourself a favor and buy a BMW!

Acceleration. Handling. Classic styling!

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned Hands Down
By Jmonk

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my BMW used, however it still performs/drives/handles/ better than ANY other car I have ever driven new or used. My 6 y/o BMW even drives better than the brand new police interceptor I drive for work. Owning a BMW will mean more $ for general maintenance but an independant BMW shop can lessen the cost of ownership. Driving a BMW truely is "the ultimate driving experience". Once you drive one, you'll know. With regards to fuel economy, these vehicles run on premium fuel. This cost will usually compute to no more than an extra $4 a tank, but you WILL get outstanding performance and good fuel economy. Yesterday I got 30 MPG highway on an out-of-town trip. My vehicle is a 525i sport.

Truly a luxury sports sedan with good fuel economy. What a combination! People complain about the lack of cup holders but one must remember these are still true sports cars.

Give it wings so it can fly? It's hard to suggest improvements on a vehicle that is already very well designed.

Really nice ride
By David Lagarde

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am 56 and haven't enjoyed driving this much since I was 19 yrs old and owned a 1997 Chevelle 396 SS. I wish I had more places to go. I can't think of any negatives.

DSC. I took it out in the snow and at 40 mph (figured that safe speed) I couldn't make it lose it's footing. Not bad for rear wheel drive.

Cup holders.

Love the car
By Dan

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2nd BMW and I'll run this one until the wheels fall off. Styling is classic. The car looks great even at 6 years old. Finish is still top notch. Fun and comfortable to drive

Styling, performance, reliability, luxury.

Ah, those cupholders