Used 2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 5 Series

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

SERVES ALL MY NEEDS & MY FAMILY'S TOO
By stephanie M.

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After the birth of our daughter, (3-18-02) My husband said he wanted the safest-best most reliable vehicle we could find for our "new precious cargo" And after much research - we decided on this make & model. And have been extemely HAPPY!!!!! In the past we've owned Porche, audi, Hondas, mercedes.. (all excellent rides!) But this BMW is definetly the ULTIMATE driving machine!!!!! It makes any drive too short, HAHA!

Favorites about this car: Everything from how comfortable-to performance & great handling especially around those corners & curves WOW!!! Those Z rated tires make the ride really-REALLY nice. We are on our second set of tires just recently. It's worth it all, and I would get another.

Only weak point of the whole package would be the cup-holders. The replacement was 40.00! The car salesman told me that's the only thing he could say negative about the car too.

The ultimate machine ?
By MDontheroad

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Not a good car to have if you are busy and using it as much as I do. The radio goes out on/off. The seats wear you out after a long day and the a/c has its own temper. What really discourages me is that the radiator went out after 47,000 miles. If you need reliability don't get here.

The handling and feel when you step on the gas.

Many..... including the basics such as cup holders and better navigation.

Buy right & Be Happy
By azishot

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Did lots of searching and found our 530i w/sport pkg at a Jeep Dealer. Only 12k miles. Been driving crummy ordinary cars since my last late 60's era muscle car I sold in 1973. I'm suprised at how much I enjoy this car. Ple\nty of power to get into as much trouble as you want plus decent gas milage. Safe, solid and hard to get my wife out of it. Easy to go over 100 mph without noticing, so use the programmable "chime" which warns you when you hit pre-determined speed (mine chimes at 83). Make sure you get the Sport Pkg and steptronic. For about the cost of a new Toyota Camry (loaded) you can get an 2002 530i that's worth talking about. Read the reviews!

Styling, engine - smooth as silk. 27mpg on the highway. Comfort. Great insurance rates due to its safety features. Memory seats - programmable key fob. Rain sensing wipers, light sensing auto head lights. On board computer when you take a trip. Best of all, no buyers remorse!

Heads up display,the steering wheel blocks most of the speedometer. Big blind spot in side rear view mirror. Michelin Pilot tires makes your Bimmer sound like a Monster truck- read reviews about these tires on the net. Spoiler will hit EVERY parking block- beware! Loose the cup holders.

BMW540 Review
By Avery

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The 540 is a joy to drive. Handles like a race car with 4 doors. Fuel economy better not be important to you if you own one of these. I smile everytime I climb in.

I love the look and feel of this vehicle.

Cupholders

2002 525i Wagon
By Bobby Jo Pinardi

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A car built for a driver. Corners beautifully, comfortable on trips and in town.

Cornering ability, navigation system