Used 1999 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

1999 528i i love it!
By pauljr

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 117,000 miles on it. I've put almost 5000 on it since august. I love it! I've had a Mercedes E420 a 1997, a 1992 911 carrera 2, 1997 911 C4S. This BMW drives like a cross between the others. The interior is by far the best of all the other cars. The 2.8 inline 6 gives just enough power to have a great time without the tickets you get in a Porsche.

The sound system is outstanding. The seats are much more comfortable than a Mercedes. The driver position is perfect and the wood trim is beautiful.

Who cares about cupholders?

1999 BMW appraisal
By Glenda Bolin

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I am in real estate and needed a car that was reliaable and comfortable, I got more, it looks good and is fun to drive with enough comfort and more get- up-and-go than anyone needs. It is silver in color. 4-door 528i leather seats that are heated, automatic seat adjustment and power moon roof.

I like the 4-doors, and the way it looks, I always feel special when I am in this car, I especially like the heated seats in the winter and automatic windows

I have kept up with oil changes and needed repairs

Inherited Car
By Teri

1999 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

I'm not a "car person" so you guys bear with me. I inherited this car from my husband. We were married this year and this was his car he was left with after the divorce (wife got Toyota Land Cruiser and he got one for himself after awful experience with a Ford Explorer) The car has alot of miles on it, but according to others, not alot for a BMW. All maintenance is expensive! Still needs a bit of work, but drives like a dream and looks great! I have thought of trading in for something new, but I've decided to keep it because it really is good quality. If I could buy a brand new car and price was not an option, it would be another BMW.

I really love my leather seats with warmers! Even in the winter sometimes that's enough to keep me warm! Handling is fantastic

Those God awful cupholders are the worst ever and yes, I've spilled coffee, coke, tea, etc., on the carpets and I hate it! My husband says it's because they don't drink or eat in their cars in Europe because they are driving so fast..:-) I have no idea if he is joking or not!

BMW 528iT Auto Used
By T. K. Hill

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Wagon

I bought this car because the 528i sedan we got three years earlier was so solid. I wanted the sport and premium packages, which is what I have. The ride is very good and aerodynamics great. The stance is low and performance wheels light, so I hit low barriers and bent wheel. The replacement wheels are $600 per. The radiator sprung a leak at 64K. Otherwise it performs as expected.

Be easy on the accelerator and you'll be rewarded. It's very distinctive styling. It has a quiet cabin and every electronic control works.

Increase HP output and fuel economy like Japanese marks, without charging $50K +. Fix cup holders. Add cargo net and cargo mat. Move CD changer to a more accessible place. Local dealer service can't handle volume and charges high fees.

Great Sports Sedan
By bimmersfca

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased the 528i Sports & Premium Package. It is the 3rd BMW I have owned and I continue to be impressed by the overall engineering, fit & finish, performance, and fun to drive features of the 528i. I have been able to test the Sports package's suberb handling while driving down the Northern California Coast to Pebble Beach and up to the Napa Valley. As the daily driver, the 528i provides great utility, comfort, and excitement during my twenty mile (mostly freeway) commute. With a growing family, the BMW 5-series is the perfect compromise between performance and practicality.

Handling, premium wheels, steering wheel controls, gas mileage, sports seats, shadowline trim, four airbags and moon roof.

cup holders