Used 1999 BMW 5 Series 528i Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

1999 BMW 528i ... very, very nice
By bmw_owna

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle certified pre-owned (CFP). BMW has one of the best CFP plans in the US. I love the car. I have had a few technical problems but other than that I love the car. I highly recommend it.

Sporty look plus sedan versatility

Need a little more leg room in the interior for talling people.

Hit to the wallet
By Larry

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I was in love with this car for almost two months. This 528i was a previous lease and then a BMW certified used car. I put 2500 miles on it and the transmission completely ate itself. Transmission (not dealer replaced) and two control units (dealer replaced) my wallet is now $5500 lighter. This after 78500 total miles on the car. I hope my letter to BMW falls on sympathetic ears.

After many American and a few imports, I Really enjoyed the fit and finish. Very solid.

1999 528i i love it!
By pauljr

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 117,000 miles on it. I've put almost 5000 on it since august. I love it! I've had a Mercedes E420 a 1997, a 1992 911 carrera 2, 1997 911 C4S. This BMW drives like a cross between the others. The interior is by far the best of all the other cars. The 2.8 inline 6 gives just enough power to have a great time without the tickets you get in a Porsche.

The sound system is outstanding. The seats are much more comfortable than a Mercedes. The driver position is perfect and the wood trim is beautiful.

Who cares about cupholders?

1999 BMW appraisal
By Glenda Bolin

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I am in real estate and needed a car that was reliaable and comfortable, I got more, it looks good and is fun to drive with enough comfort and more get- up-and-go than anyone needs. It is silver in color. 4-door 528i leather seats that are heated, automatic seat adjustment and power moon roof.

I like the 4-doors, and the way it looks, I always feel special when I am in this car, I especially like the heated seats in the winter and automatic windows

I have kept up with oil changes and needed repairs

Great Sports Sedan
By bimmersfca

1999 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased the 528i Sports & Premium Package. It is the 3rd BMW I have owned and I continue to be impressed by the overall engineering, fit & finish, performance, and fun to drive features of the 528i. I have been able to test the Sports package's suberb handling while driving down the Northern California Coast to Pebble Beach and up to the Napa Valley. As the daily driver, the 528i provides great utility, comfort, and excitement during my twenty mile (mostly freeway) commute. With a growing family, the BMW 5-series is the perfect compromise between performance and practicality.

Handling, premium wheels, steering wheel controls, gas mileage, sports seats, shadowline trim, four airbags and moon roof.

cup holders