Used 1995 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Will Drive 4-Ever!
By WestKyCrimeInc

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Purchased a 1995 525i in 2003 at 193K miles! Was skeptical at first with mileage, But 5 yrs later I am sold! This 5 series is bullet proof! I have 228K miles on it and I enjoy it very much. The motor is bullet proof, the transmission is bullet proof, nothing breaks! In 5 yrs only repairs have been fan belt, brake rotors and pads, one radiator (broke at upper hose attachment?), oil changes and trans fluid change - that's it! Wow! I drive in LA and its 75-100 mph on the 405 with no problems. LA to Vegas in 3.5 hours with no oil burn! Impressive for 228K miles. Gas mileage at 65~75 is 23 mpg on the highway. City is 16 mpg no matter how it's driven I will keep car until wheels fall off!!

Bullet proof motor and trans! Very good driver feedback from steering and suspension system! It's never surprised me! The interior, everything is really well designed and located. Excellent human factors design!

Fix the upper radiator connector! Other than this, the E34 2.5L is perfect!

still a great car
By jeepguy

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 140K and drove it home (eBay...1000 miles away) getting 28 MPG all the way. I thought I wanted a 540i till I saw the MPG. Kept it mainly as a road trip vehicle for a year, then started driving it daily. Here we are 2 years and 25000 miles later. My only monetary investment has been tires, brakes, a/c compressor, spark plugs and a radiator. Not bad for a car with 166,000 miles. Still runs very strong, corners like a dream, great curb appeal. My wife tries to trade vehicles with me on an almost daily basis (Grand Cherokee Overland). The valets all ask me to let them know when I may be selling it!

Driving comfort, timeless lines, MPG, road feel, brakes are awesome, cornering, durability, reliability, turbine smoothness, broad flat power curve, enough trunk space for several bodies (or so I am told), full size spare, factory sound system is pretty good, factory tool kit is actually useful!

A little more power would be good, as well as a little better support with parts for the older cars. I find some parts are easier to get from friends in Europe than through the dealer.

I love this car
By Brian

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I have a red 5-speed and it is a blast to drive. Terrific at responding to the driver's intentions. Mirrors and car shape allow for very easy viewing of other cars around you which can really make a driving experience. Driver is truly in complete control. CLASSIC body style. Car looks incredible when clean. Very tight steering and VERY impressive handling for a sedan. Car loves to be pushed. Built to be driven. I average about 24 mpg and can go well over 400 mi on a tank. Trunk space is a-plenty. Back seat leg room a little tight. Nothing better than taking this baby out on a warm sunny day with the windows down and the music up.

I love the tight construction, and can't say enough about the body style. It just so good-looking! Love tracking my mpg on the on-board comp every time I fill up. I like the way the hood lifts up away from the windsheild. But the drive is what makes this car.

Cupholders, but don't take away my little area around the shifter!

This car is great
By Stefan

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I have had two BMWs both 525i's. They are both great cars and you can't compare to the quality in it. Also is very good for drifting if you're into that thing.

The engine is smooth and quiet and is a very comfortable but fun ride.

Watch out for fixing these vehicles it costs a lot. Needs cupholders and some more power to the engine. 190hp is ok.

Best car I ever drove (so far)
By melvin

1995 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Note: I own a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 1991 Patherfinder, 1993 Ford Escort and there are no comparisons to any of them. I bought this 10 year old BMW with 91000 miles on it. I must say that this car is the best car I ever drove. The car makes me feel that I have full control of every inch to the car. It gives me the feeling for ESP, because the response time is incredible.

Radio system, BMW engine.

This year is the best.