2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Amazing acceleration, but the brakes aren't great
By BigBadDave

2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan 340i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a gorgeous car, an amazing vehicle to drive; the engine growl is throughly addictive and I sometimes drive around slowly with the windows down just to listen to the noise, a big smile plastered on my face. The 340i takes off like a rocket ship and yet is also perfectly suited for longer distance drives. The seats are the most comfortable of any BMW I've driven (this is my family's fifth) and the new version of the iDrive is intuitive and quick. I sprang for the upgraded Harman and Kardon sound system and can report the quality is superb. My one reservation is the braking system, which sadly is not great. I did not spring for the upgraded brakes and that in hindsight was a mistake, since if you're trying to slow down quickly it can be a battle.

Manual transmission+track handling package ROCKS.
By James Bradley

2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan 340i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

With all-wheel drive and ultra-high-performance all-season non-runflat tires this car is an awesome 4 season sports sedan that's more than $20k cheaper than an M3. The 340 has plenty of animal nature for street driving, with superb handling and 0-60 in 4.6. I’ve had one M3 and I’ve driven the recent generation on a track, so I do understand the difference; right now I need a less spendy four season car and it’s a priority for me to keep my license 😬 This car is a hoot to drive on a fun road. Stay away from run-flat tires for a much more compliant ride. If you like sport driving get the track handling package. BMW's Traction Control mode, chosen by a simple switch, makes it also an incredible snow car. People in two country homes with steep driveways told me after snowstorms, you should park down below, you'll never make it up the driveway. Both times I just drove right up. I had to special order the car to get a manual, which makes me worried about manuals continuing to come to the US, but it was worth the wait because it let me get the track package, LED lights and almost everything else. I highly recommend my dealer, Francine at Orange County BMW in Harriman, New York. This is my second car from her, I'm not an easy customer and she is incredibly supportive.

John Laurie
By John Laurie

2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Nice car, but not as quite as the Mercedes. Engine leaks oil after 3 years like all other bmw models.

Good car, but expected more from BMW
By Alan

2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I wonder when BMW will build a car to compete with Tesla M3.

Best car Ever!
By Ant Chandler

2018 BMW 3 Series Sedan 340i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

drive it on the freeway! Incredible!