The 2017 BMW 3 Series should be near the top of of the list for shoppers wanting a compact luxury sport sedan. Whether enjoying its blend of features and refinement or putting its smooth optional engine to the test, you'll be impressed. It runs in a crowded class, but the 3 Series is one of the best.
BMW practically invented the compact luxury car decades ago, and today's 3 Series advances that heritage. It's the best-selling car in its class, and for good reason. Few can match its artful blend of performance and refinement, though that doesn't stop them from trying. In either sedan or wagon style, the 3 Series makes few compromises. It's simultaneously comfortable and sporty, compact without being confining, and its engines are fuel-efficient and powerful. It's a truly fantastic all-rounder with no significant flaws.
- Balances sharp handling with a ride quality that won't beat you up
- Engine choices offer power, smoothness and fuel efficiency
- Interior is upscale and spacious, with logical, easy-to-use controls
- Base 320i model offers limited feature availability
- Storage for small personal items is limited