Used 2015 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

buy a BMW diesel as soon as you can
By Billy P.

2015 BMW 3 Series 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I got my 328d used with 34k miles. I've put 10k miles on it in the last 6 months. I drive a lot for my work and getting something fun with great gas milage was my goal. I've owed BMW before (2008 335xi) and have owned a number of luxury class vehicles in my day. I traded a 2016 Lexus 350is f sport for this car. Day to day i average 36.5 mpg. I normally get about 520 miles from a tank of gas with about 1/8 tank left at time of fill up. On long highway trips i can get 50.4 miles to the gallon. I live in so. cal so lots of hills and traffic. I couldn't be happier with this car. It's got a lot of pep. It's not a rocket ship but it's got plenty of umph and i rarely miss my faster cars. The M-sport package is a must. It really adds an edge to daily driving. I like to drive a little more aggressively than most daily drivers and the low end grunt brings a smile to my face every time i pull away from a stop. It cruses at 80 mph at just under 2000 rpm. i have to warn you, i did have a fuel injector go bad on me. but they are covered under the EPA for 10 years from purchase date and mine was replaced at no charge. If you buy BMW i strongly suggest CPO. Fixing anything on BMW can be very expensive. With that in mind. this is a fantastic car. One more word of wisdom. don't buy a bmw diesel older than 2013. There was a problem with the timing chains and it causes catastrophic mechanical failure if it breaks. Look up the vin number and make sure it has a "W" in the engine code. Most from 2014 and all (from my understanding) from 2015 on have the W engine. Buy it, drive it, laugh every time you see people buying gas.

Disappointed
By Rick

2015 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second BMW. My first, 2009 335xi I purchased new and I absolutely love. Great road feel, steering is awesome, great acceleration, leather, etc. I never considered buying anything but another BMW. So disappointed in this 2015 335 xi. Numb steering, cheap feel of fake leather (sensa tech), cheap feel of the steering wheel, overall this car is not as good as my '09. When I bought this 2015 car I gave the 2009 to my wife, but being so disappointed in this 2015 I took back the 2009 car. Don't know if I will buy another BMW after this experience.

What happened to the resale?
By es71

2015 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The car itself is almost exactly what was hoping to buy. Comfortable (although a bit loud - my pickup is quieter), great fuel economy, no unexpected repairs. Biggest gripe is the headlights. It was my mistake for not checking to see how the headlights were acceptable. The standard headlights are atrocious. After putting 50k miles on this car in just over 2 years, the car was only worth 30% of what I paid for it. I was really kinda shocked. I typically trade cars frequently, a little over 50% is about normal. I guess the VW diesel thing hit BMW too.

Great value in used car market
By Hughau

2015 BMW 3 Series 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Absolutely love driving this car. Hugs the road and has adequate power and acceleration for me. Shocking to find that I can cruise along at 70 mph and get 41 mpg...only one major issue. I can only get one cart size golf bag in trunk. Even then the driver must be removed from the bag and carefully fit in cross wise before I can close the trunk. When I pick up a friend his clubs have to go in back seat. Some of the controls and safety features are a little quirky, ie, double pulls for the doors, trunk. The radio controls take a little time to learn but now seem easy enough. Overall, happy with this little BMW as for the money it’s great. Been trouble free as well with no mechanical issues or problems. It might ride a little better if I replaced the run flats, but I’m ok with them so I will keep. 2015 model year

2015 BMW 335i w/ M Sport package
By Gert Pacu

2015 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Wow.... I have no idea what else to say! The acceleration is amazing. When driving it you feel like the vehicle fits you like a glove. You feel safe. You are one with the vehicle. I had test drove Mustangs back a couple years ago, and although they were fast as all hell they just felt like I was driving a boat. Not to mention the options weren't there. I have had this vehicle for a couple years and have still not found all the gadgets, and things that it can do. I am surprised all the time when finding something new the 335i can do. Did I mention the 335i is quick/fast? It pins you back in the seat when you step on it.