Used 2015 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

320xdrive
By Anonymous Bimmer

2015 BMW 3 Series 320i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Took the certified pre owned warranty maintenance package. Fun car with a niche drive. Will see how the winter handling is with the PA snowfall.

Pleased New Bimmer Owner
By Jeff Vaz

2015 BMW 3 Series 320i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We obtained this vehicle from a family member. We are pleased with the car. We have only had it for two weeks. It did sit in a driveway for a couple of months. The brakes are being checked out this week as there is a slight pulsating feeling...especially when coming off a highway and slowing to a stop for a light or stop signs. Could be from sitting but want to have it checked out by the dealer. No steering wheel shaking...that is a good thing. We are used to driving SUVs. It will take a bit for us to get used to sitting lower in a car like this one. The HD radio is a little annoying. There is a "skip" and echo's that can be heard when listening in HD mode. It happens while using Bluetooth as well. There is a blog online that mentions this problem. I guess one will have to get used to it. The car could use a one or two more USB ports. I don't have NAV...cannot comment on that. Cannot comment on dealership just yet but so far, they have been good to work with. Hopefully, I won't have to mention maintenance cost anytime soon. I thought resale value would be a little higher for a BMW...even at the 320ixdrive level. Maintenance is not transferrable but if there is a problem with the brakes, the car's warranty will cover that within the first 4 yrs or 50k miles. We are covered there.

Since my last review, I had the brakes serviced. The issue was from the car sitting in a driveway for a while. It was also in a garage for a bit. Either way, from not being driven, the rotors had developed some deposits on them that could not be "driven off". The dealer resurfaced the rotors and put new brakes pads on all four spots. The car drives like a dream now. It is night and day. Extremely happy with my BMW 320i Xdrive!!!

Ultimate Driving Machine
By Ed Cunningham

2015 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Higher maintenance cost but so what.

buy a BMW diesel as soon as you can
By Billy P.

2015 BMW 3 Series 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I got my 328d used with 34k miles. I've put 10k miles on it in the last 6 months. I drive a lot for my work and getting something fun with great gas milage was my goal. I've owed BMW before (2008 335xi) and have owned a number of luxury class vehicles in my day. I traded a 2016 Lexus 350is f sport for this car. Day to day i average 36.5 mpg. I normally get about 520 miles from a tank of gas with about 1/8 tank left at time of fill up. On long highway trips i can get 50.4 miles to the gallon. I live in so. cal so lots of hills and traffic. I couldn't be happier with this car. It's got a lot of pep. It's not a rocket ship but it's got plenty of umph and i rarely miss my faster cars. The M-sport package is a must. It really adds an edge to daily driving. I like to drive a little more aggressively than most daily drivers and the low end grunt brings a smile to my face every time i pull away from a stop. It cruses at 80 mph at just under 2000 rpm. i have to warn you, i did have a fuel injector go bad on me. but they are covered under the EPA for 10 years from purchase date and mine was replaced at no charge. If you buy BMW i strongly suggest CPO. Fixing anything on BMW can be very expensive. With that in mind. this is a fantastic car. One more word of wisdom. don't buy a bmw diesel older than 2013. There was a problem with the timing chains and it causes catastrophic mechanical failure if it breaks. Look up the vin number and make sure it has a "W" in the engine code. Most from 2014 and all (from my understanding) from 2015 on have the W engine. Buy it, drive it, laugh every time you see people buying gas.

Disappointed
By Rick

2015 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second BMW. My first, 2009 335xi I purchased new and I absolutely love. Great road feel, steering is awesome, great acceleration, leather, etc. I never considered buying anything but another BMW. So disappointed in this 2015 335 xi. Numb steering, cheap feel of fake leather (sensa tech), cheap feel of the steering wheel, overall this car is not as good as my '09. When I bought this 2015 car I gave the 2009 to my wife, but being so disappointed in this 2015 I took back the 2009 car. Don't know if I will buy another BMW after this experience.