Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

love it!!
By bmw1988

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I like this body styke, handling, and fit and finish even over the new 2012+ generation.

Navigation, Xenons,

2011 328i Xdrive
By oakleyg

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Replaced my 2010 BMW 5 Series. Was concerned about the smaller vehicle. The 5 Series is a great car, the 3 series is an amazing driver's car. Had several 3 series through the 90s all fun to drive. BMW still finds a way to cut costs; small and annoying things. Turn signal in 2010 5 series had a three blink feature with one-touch, not in the 3, just a feature I became accustom to. No folding rear seat, apparently an option. No rear camera; strange miss from a company that claims active and passive safety. Al-in-all just a blast to drive. Comfortable, gas mileage not too good. Been getting 24MPG highway.

- Driving experience - Seating comfort - Heated seats and steering wheel - Style - Interior materials

- Rear view camera - Folding rear seat should be standard - One-Touch 3 blink turn signal should be standard - Blue tooth media streaming - Dump the run flat tires

Fun car, fear costly maintenance down the road
By spenceratx

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i was a super fun car to drive. Although the 2011 got the slightly less tunable/powerful N55, it still had lots of grunt, even before mods. I loved the power, sound, and capability of the car. The 6MT was superb, and track time was great. Interior and exterior were well appointed. Having previously owned a G35S and thinking that the German cars were just too costly, I was very pleased to learn that the driving experience was much much better in the Bimmer. I was concerned with the cost of maintenance after warranty so I sold it to get a larger car for kids. I will own another 3 series (sedan) at some point. Costly. Took a bath on the sale price. ugh.

6MT, performance, styling

each feature is so costly, and usually not worth the money.

After a 3year lease happy to turn it in
By phillydad

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is about it's looks and the young feel, when you drive it. Beyond this I am NOT happy at all and will not buy this or any other BMW.

Within only 34 month I had to replace 6 tires and repair the wheels twice. The run flat tires are a disaster, unrepairable and they destroy the wheels. Maybe good for the German Autobahn but not for everyday American streets.

The navigation and entertainment system is very cumbersome an even after 3 years many functions a mystery to me.

The electric works at it's own will like windows rolling up and down without your command.

At lease end they will nickel an dime you to make another buck.

I have decided to turn to Mercedes Benz....

Amazing Drive..Erognomically just ok
By khiladi

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

see below

The speed pick-up, the handling/suspension and that the hard top comes down with remote. Handling is far better than other luxury cars. Meaning I can never make the turns at the speed I do with this BMW in another car like Infiniiti (only other luxury car I have experirence with).

The seat is way too short on the legs. I am close to 6 ft tall and my legs get tired. Had i known this, I would have paid extra for the longer seat - besides its ridiculous you have to pay an extra thousand dollars for a more comfortable seat. The sound system is poor - I have had a Honda and Infiniti before and the standard sound system they provide are much much better quality than BMW's, courtesy Altec and Bose, respectively. I really wish BMW invested a bit more in the sound quality because that is very important to me. They do have a premium sound package which the dealer never told me about. Navigation is simply pathetic , unintuitive, not user friendly.