Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW = BIG MONEY WASTER
By J. Singletary

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my 2011 bmw 328i for about 2 years, within the last 4 months I have dumped over $4k into repairs.. one leak, after another, after another. my radiator went out at 80k miles, valve cover assembly replaced, oil pan gasket leak, and more. This car has been nothing but problems, and everything (shocker) is not covered on my warranty... after research online and reading forums, a lot of others have had these issues. BEWARE once you hit 80k miles!! your bank account will hate you.

Great Car nut's machine
By Richard Ernst

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you enjoy long road trips and driving on twisty mountain roads this is the car for you ! The 6 cylinder motor is the smoothest I have ever experienced. I have always been a Honda fan until I owned this car. I now would never own anything but a BMW.

head bolt failure
By GVunhappy

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW knows about the problem with the two aluminum head bolts that fail but will not assist customers when failure is out of warranty. Also quality of materials used in the interior is cheap. Leather does not hold up and plastic trim on doors actually melts.

another great 3 series
By Richard Aust

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as certified pre-owned. Only way to go as i paid 28K for a 46K vehicle. This is NOT a sports car but a fabulous driving vehicle. Plenty of power and very comfortable. Decent fuel mileage on the highway but not so much around town. I am not tired of driving this vehicle.

2011 3 Series Rocks
By Jim

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is awesome all around. From performance to design, I love it. I think that the new BMW's design is lacking compared to the 2011. My nav is built into dash, everything flows, just clean lines. Performance is awesome, super fast and great handling. I have owned car for 5 years now and zero repairs, just routine care, nothing else. I would recommend this to anyone. I also got the extended warranty so I pay zero for maintenance. I would go with older BMW over new just due to design, I think the new ones look ugly compared to past years.
Resale is great, my car holds value better than most.