Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )

Do not invest into BMW!
By Chris

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

DO NOT INVEST INTO BMW!!!
This company does NOT stand by their word nor treat the customer with respect.

If you have a warranty they will not stand by it. All they want is your money... Heads up!

When you purchase a car that is considered a lemon how many times does somebody have to bring the car in with the same issues? Especially within the week & first year of buying a vehicle?

The 1st week after i bought The car it broke down! With loud and shaky idles, transmission issues, steering issues, bmw has seen the repair history. I'm honestly afraid of what the future holds for this car. I feel my families safety is in jeopardy & this is documentation if anything happens.
Is this something that usually happens & is this a good experience for a BMW owner?

I've brought this car in numerous times within the first year, one of them being within the first week that I bought it.

Did BMW even do the proper screening for this CPO?
Doing my research there are numerous recalls on this car and I feel that the issues directly relate with the problems with this car.

I wanted give bmw every opportunity to make this right and since you're not doing so and just are offering only me one payment which doesn't help anything with the lemon you guys sold me.
I will be sharing my story from many different avenues and not recommending BMW.

I'm extremely disappointed and very discouraged!

Love This Car
By luckylamour

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After selling my 2005 M3 Convertible, I didn't think I would own another BMW that was as fun to drive, and to blow rice rockets off the line. Not to mention the fantastic sport seats, and unbeatable MPG (I average 39 on the highway).

Not to mention a wide array of great technology, MOG, Pandora, and now Yelp. its pretty damn cool.

Tasman Green, Oyster Leather....

Love it.

BMW Apps, Torque.

Traffic service through the nav is a bit weak.

Why wouldn't everyone love exactly this kind of car!
By gazol

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First diesel, 2nd Euro delivery 26MAY2010, 3rd Beemer.
Break on price from BMW and dealer reduced price by $9K to $37K.
Mine has luxury package, fold down rear seat, standard wheels. Exhilarating propulsion, fabulous handling, 30mpg city & highway @ 80 mph on trips (but pricey fuel), comfortable, no gremlins, & no complaints.
I think that folks who won't consider buying a diesel powered car have never driven one!
The 335d, to me, is an uptown diesel well-worth the $42K (including taxes, registration, delivery) to put it on the roads in Europe and California.

Try it!
You'll love it.

Torque (lots of it!), superb handling, no I-system, quiet ride, fuel efficiency, superb fit and finish, easy to keep clean, smaller diameter wheels (to improve ride), adjustable front seats, and the cup holders. European delivery alone is worth getting one of BMW's contributions to engineering excellence and joyful driving!

Pockets for stuff on back of front seats would be nice. I wish that owner's manual package fit in glove compartment (it doesn't!). I wish that BMW gave info on the use of biodiesel fuels for this engine.

Perfection.
By skiddnate

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've owned my M Sport package equipped 335d since November, 2010, and have found it to be nothing short of automotive excellence. From the fit and finish to the ample power and stellar handling, to its robust infotainment system and numerous amenities, the 335d does it all. While it was at the upper end of my price range, over 9000 miles later, it's been worth every cent.
No other car provides the combination of power, fuel economy, and luxury of the 335d.
Many manufacturers have fielded numerous examples boasting two of the three, but only BMW achieves the perfect balance of all three.

The 335d's best feature is actually a combination of two things: chest-flattening torque and incredible fuel economy. I've seen this translate into 28mpg when engaging in spirited back-road driving or 37+mpg when cruising on the interstate. The solid feel of every component of the car, from the sturdy, satisfying door closure to the precise feel of the volume or iDrive adjustment knobs, everything in the car confidently conveys excellent quality and craftsmanship. Another favorite feature is the look of disbelief on peoples' faces as I ease up to the diesel pump and politely explain that I do realize I'm about to put diesel in my BMW.

With such an excellent automobile, it took some time to find anything that that could be improved upon. One minor issue I discovered was that the 6-speed automatic tends to hold 2nd and 3rd gear too long when the car is cold. This is easily compensated for by manually shifting until the car has warmed up. Second, the paddle shifters have a little too much play in them, particularly up and down -- they're the only component that doesn't match the solid nature of the rest of the car. ... and finally, maybe... someday, BMW will make a 335d x-Drive wagon with a 6-speed manual.... or, at least an X3 x-Drive 35d.

Addition to my diesel stable
By trdsc2

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased this car at the end of March and so far have not passed the break in period.
I am sold on diesels, already owning a 2009 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI.
The combination of power and super fuel economy is an unbeatable combination.
I love every thing about the vehicle except the
lack of interior storage (the owners manual case just barely fits in the glove compartment) and the quality of the leather could be a lot better for a car of this price.
I find the low end torque truly intoxicating and much prefer it to having to wind the engine up to high RPM's just to get a power launch.

Torque, exterior styling, I-drive and the Nav system, paddle shifters, sport suspension, smooth, and quiet highway cruising until you floor the gas. Gas mileage

Satellite radio, lumbar support, comfort access and universal remote control should be standard features as they are on much less expensive vehicles. More interior storage space. More power outlets in car. Quality of the leather could be better.