Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great ride but too much maintenance
By trinitylzh

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 328i drives beautifully - tight steering and hugs the road. Requires too much maintenance. Buy with a BMW maintenance and warranty plan or have a spare car and extra funds for repairs.

At 140K miles
By Alprazo

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Run flat tires and the carbon build up in the exhaust manifold and diesel particulate filter and a front wheel bearing are the only problems thus far. The torque that the engine puts out keeps the car feeling fun. No electrical or other problems with the car. The exhaust manifold was replace under warranty at 80k. I am about to pull out and have the diesel particular filter cooked at 140k. The right front wheel bearing was replaced at 140k. The car has held such little value though and I am told that it values between 6-7k. It was purchased used in 2013 with 34 thousand miles.

Fun car, poor reliability and even worse service
By Aaron

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned two BMW 3 series cars in the last 10 years. They are fun to drive and reasonably practical. However they are riddled with stupid problems and my experience with their dealers for warranty service has been overall terrible. Every issue I have to bring the car in multiple times and usually I get it back with further problems caused by the repairs. If you are expecting "luxury car" levels of service with you BMW you will be disappointed.

BMW = BIG MONEY WASTER
By J. Singletary

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my 2011 bmw 328i for about 2 years, within the last 4 months I have dumped over $4k into repairs.. one leak, after another, after another. my radiator went out at 80k miles, valve cover assembly replaced, oil pan gasket leak, and more. This car has been nothing but problems, and everything (shocker) is not covered on my warranty... after research online and reading forums, a lot of others have had these issues. BEWARE once you hit 80k miles!! your bank account will hate you.

Great Car nut's machine
By Richard Ernst

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you enjoy long road trips and driving on twisty mountain roads this is the car for you ! The 6 cylinder motor is the smoothest I have ever experienced. I have always been a Honda fan until I owned this car. I now would never own anything but a BMW.